Hilary Duff | Page 116 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I thought 'Chasing the Sun' was just a buzz single.

2. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

It sucked all the buzz away.

3. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Has Hilary shot a music video for Sparks?

4. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

She's in the mist of doing so,yes

5. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

She's in the mist of doing so,yes
    "All About You" screams lead single"
    it should have been a lot bigger then it was! i love that song

6. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I hope they don't plonk a remixed version of it on the album, in order for it to 'fit in' more with this change of direction.

7. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I think it'll be a pretty mixed bag so All About You probably won't stick out like a sore thumb. I doubt sonic cohesiveness is going to the albums strong point.

8. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Based on her descriptions, I'm definitely not expecting very much cohesion. Especially with the amount of times the album has been said to change. "All About You" doesn't sound that out of place next to "Sparks" either. Younger is a pretty good show. Good to see that it's been renewed. Hopefully they get the album out before it starts shooting again.

9. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

'Dignity' had some variety, tracklist wise. Outside Of You harked back to her pop-rock sound; No Work, All Play had a retro vibe with no electro sounds whatsoever, then there's Burned...

10. Pat

Pat

Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I'm wondering, is the success of 'Sparks' gonna be the deciding factor if this album gets released? She did say the album was finished, but so far we have no release date. And the album was supposed to be finished last summer too, but then Chasing The Sun and All About You both did nothing. I'm worried, because they don't really seem to be bothered with making Sparks a hit.

11. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I think this album might benefit from the shift in direction. A mix between Hilary's self-written stuff recorded back when she was label-less, her pop-ish songs recorded together with Chasing the Sun and the newer tracks from her Sweden sessions could be amazing.

12. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

I hope her new label do realise that even during her peak, Hilary didn't have hit singles. I mean, I'm not saying "just chuck the album out!" but if they're banking on her getting some worldwide number 1 smash... it's unlikely, to say the least.

13. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Heard Sparks on the radio yesterday, it made me love it for some reason. It truly sounds at home on pop radio. RIP All About You.

14. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

In fairness, I'm pretty sure this is the first time she's said the album is finished. When she was promoting All About You she said several times she was still recording.

15. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

This album's gone through a few phases, hasn't it? I recall her saying she'd been recording quite a long time before Chasing The Sun appeared. I think maybe this was when she'd said she'd done some stuff with an EDM vibe, then it was "earthy/indie" (which I presume was her definition of the Chasing The Sun/All About You sound) and now Sparks...

16. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Yes we've gone from EDM to "straight up pop" to "earthy" to dance.

17. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

There's going to be a lyric video for Sparks out tomorrow according to her twitter.

View attachment 3115

18. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

Not the Femme Fatale font.

19. Re: Hilary Duff - Singles + 4th Studio Album

[video=youtube;iN9PxSekqEo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9PxSekqEo[/video]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.