Hilary Duff | Page 172 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

The first half of the album is much nicer than the second half. 'Breathe In. Breathe Out.' is my personal favorites. The bonus tracks are very nice, as well. Luckily, there's no bad song on the album. Keep slaying, Hilegendary.

2. The vocal producer probably wanted it to sound that way. I'm reminded of Ryan Tedder instructing Ariana Grande to sing the backing harmonies from "Why Try" all wonky, just for effect.

3. Well they were WRONG.

4. Thats true definitely carrys Baby Don't Lie Gwen vibes and i just love it!

5. I'm looking for some alternate covers.. I've found some nice ones!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't choose.

6. The second one is fantastic.

7. Arms Around A Memory is today's jamthem.

8. That's the one I ended up using!

9. Pat

Pat

I'm getting more into this album, but Confetti and Stay In Love don't really seem to click with me, while they seem to be the favourites?

10. Confetti is my least favorite of the dancier songs. It somehow sounds kind of dated? I don't know what it is exactly. The verses and bridge I like, its the chorus that doesn't work for me. Its not a favorite.

Stay In Love is pretty great, I think.

11. The third is my favourite.
    She kind of looks like Haylie in the second one...

12. I would like the official cover a lot more if her forehead wasn't chopped off, bring her into focus some more so "Hilary Duff" isn't intersecting her head so much and it will look really nice.

13. I think the Sparks cover would much look better as the album cover if only it didn't say Sparks on it. If only someone could do something about this!

The last half of the album has really clicked with me lately. This folky dance vibe works so well for her. WHY did she release Chasing The Sun as the first single again?! Why didn't the label say NO?! I really think she could have had a moderate hit and a gold album out of this era had things have been handled better. And I would have deemed a gold album a big success for her and in this climate when only Taylor Swift can sell albums

14. I don't like Confetti, I even deleted that and "Arms Around a Memory"... the rest is fantastic though.

15. Her label are the ones who wanted Chasing The Sun as the lead.

16. It's going to be really sad to this bomb on the charts, because it's not like it's just an average album that only Hilary fans would enjoy - it's a genuinely fantastic pop record.

17. The start of Confetti reminds me of Untouchable. The chorus really lets it down though.

I love this album. I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I just need Outlaw and I'll be even happier with it.

18. Such a good album. Loves it.

19. I've had One In a Million on repeat for the past three days and it's not showing any signs of slowing down. What an incredible song.

20. Giving this a spin for the first time. Am I the only one who hears 'Baby Don't Lie' in 'My Kind'?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.