Hilary Duff | Page 2 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Hilary is one of those very few popstars who i actually like and follow all their work. I believe in Hilary, i believed in her way back when someone commented that all she does is "Daddy, i want an electro pop album"...

Hilary proved to those who commented that she is genuinely interested in her musical career! I'm glad she's working on her album all alone. So she's not going to have the top notch producers spoiling her, but thats okay. She'll find the hard route to the top. She's got the right direction - So Yesterday - Come Clean - Wake Up - Stranger - Holiday.. i love the progress!! I've never really been much of a Hilary album fan, till Dignity. Dignity was the start for me. I'm impressed with her two new songs. I'd love it if she continued in the same direction pop-rock-electro..

All the best to Hil..

Zar-Unity likes this.
  2. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

If she improves her dancing for this next album I'll lover her more!

3. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

That's part of her charm!

4. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Hilary poses for Maxim:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The interview hasn't been posted yet, but OMG. She looks stunning.

Zar-Unity likes this.
  5. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

She always maintained her classiness.
    If this album is ANYTHING like Dignity I will buy it, and when it first comes out instead of paying £2.99 for the deluxe version off CDWOW a year later..

6. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I liked "Dignity" a lot, so I am looking forward to hearing her new material. And out of all the Disney chicks who have been somewhat successful in the states (Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, etc), Hilary seems like someone who could sustain a career in the music business. But for some reason, I think she'll probably do more movies in the long run rather than stick to making music. Who knows... but she seems like someone who would be in the limelight a lot longer than her contemporaries

7. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

She pulls off the whole photo shoot with a hint of sexiness really really well!

8. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Is the rumour about the video anthology including "Holiday" true?

9. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

say what?? video anthology??

Im excited now!

10. paul lekakis

paul lekakis Guest

Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

She looks fabulous. This is the perfect look. Not that platinum blonde Lizzie McGuire one or the drastic change into brown, it's the right blend of both.

11. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I've really grown to love Hilary. She's like the Audrey Hepburn of today's young Hollywood - she's sexy and mature, but classy and dignified, with a little bit of a (refined) wild side.

And she looks stunning in those pics. Talk about hot!!!

Zar-Unity likes this.
  12. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

i dont know about this AUDREY HEPBURN business, there really is no comparison. if i had to pick someone of young hollywood who comes close it would be natalie portman. but hennyway, i love hilary and im glad she is gaining a more mature image, i just wonder if her music can progress as much. i still havent seen her shake that distinctly youthful lizzie mcguire voice, even on tracks like 'stranger.'

13. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Oh, no, I'm not comparing her to Audrey directly!!! There's only one Audrey Hepburn! What I meant was that Hilary's very different from the Lohans, Hiltons and Cyruses of Hollywood that she is commonly grouped with, if you know what I mean. She has that Audrey-esque class and nice-ness, but with a bit of an edge.

14. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

TONS of Hilary news last week:

Hilary Duff joins NBC legal sitcom

By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Singer/actress Hilary Duff is attached to play a young lawyer in an NBC sitcom that might be described as a legal version of "Doogie Howser, M.D."

The network has ordered a script for "Barely Legal," a comedy based on the true story of Kathleen Holtz, who in 2007 passed the notoriously difficult California bar at age 18 to become the state's youngest lawyer.

Duff, 21, who rose to fame in Disney Channel's "Lizzie McGuire" and released two chart-topping albums, joined the project as part of a production deal between NBC and producer Universal Media Studios.

"Barely Legal" hails from actor Rob Morrow ("Numb3rs"), who will serve as executive producer, and scribe Elisa Bell ("Little Black Book").

SOURCE: Reuters
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hilary Duff in New Bonnie and Clyde Film

The latest issue of Production Weekly is reporting that Hilary Duff will star in The Story of Bonnie and Clyde, a new film about the notorious gangster couple from director Tonya S. Holly.

Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow were notorious outlaws, robbers, and criminals who traveled the Central United States during the Great Depression. Their exploits were known nationwide. They captured the attention of the American press and its readership during what is sometimes referred to as the ?public enemy era? between 1931 and 1935.

Though the gang was notorious for their bank robberies, Barrow preferred to rob small stores or gas stations. The gang was believed to have killed at least nine police officers, among several other murders.

Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway famously portrayed the two in the 1967 film directed by Arthur Penn. It won two Oscars, Best Supporting Actress for Estelle Parsons and Best Cinematography. Duff even recreated a scene from the film in an issue of Allure magazine, seen above.

According to PW, the cast for The Story of Bonnie and Clyde also includes Kevin Zegers, Natalie Canerday and Rance Howard.

Production is slated to begin in April.

SOURCE: http://sfluxe.com/2009/01/11/hilary-duff-in-new-bonnie-and-clyde-film/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Hilary also had a radio interview last Wednesday, where she confirmed that:

1. She has just signed on for the "Bonnie & Clyde" movie, which is not a remake. Kevin Zegers will play Clyde in the film. He starred in the Airbud movies & many others.

2. "Barely Legal" is NOT official yet. That's ONE of the concepts she's looking at for her new TV show, but she's still listening to pitches this week. She'll choose from three of them, but "Barely Legal" is her favorite so far. Apparently, someone just leaked the information to the press early.

3. She wasn't happy with the release of the "Best Of," saying: "My label had an option to put this record out, & they did it. I was a little bummed. I mean, I already have two "Best Of" records & I'm how old? But you know what ... they... that's fine."

4. She is going to start her new album away from Hollywood Records soon. Here is her direct quote: "I'm gonna do a record soon, but now I don't have anyone telling me when I have to do it or what I have to say."

15. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

'Ghost Whisperer' exclusive: Hilary Duff alert!
    Jan 21, 2009, 05:33 PM | by Michael Ausiello

Lizzie Mac is back!

Sources confirm to me exclusively that Hilary Duff will appear in an upcoming episode of Ghost Whisperer as a "beautiful woman of mystery" who (duh) may or may not have been involved in the death of some dude.

Random fact that may help explain how this whole thing came about: Duff and Jennifer Love Hewitt are BFFs! Who knew?

Duff's Ghost gig comes amid news that she'll headline Barely Legal, an NBC comedy about an 18-year-old who passes the California bar and becomes the state's youngest attorney. (Additional reporting by Oriana Schwindt)

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/ghost-whisperer.html

Not sure if this show airs in the UK, but just thought people would like to be up to date on her current projects. :) Hilary sure is on a mission this year!

16. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

This is all such amazing news to me.

I am really proud of Hilary.

I really hopes her new album will have Hollywood begging her to come back. I'd be regretting letting her leave if I were them. This could be the year for Hilary! She deserves it.

17. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Yay. I'm glad someone else is as excited for Hilary as I am! Here's some more info on her GW episode:

Will Hilary Duff See Dead People on 'Ghost Whisperer'?

[​IMG]

ET has confirmed that former "Lizzie McGuire" star Hilary Duff returns to TV.

Hilary will guest star in an upcoming episode called "Thrilled to Death," playing a beautiful woman of mystery who may be involved in the death of a man who fell victim -- literally -- to a freak accident. Shooting begins on Friday, January 23.

Also on Friday, "Ghost Whisperer" airs the "Body of Water" episode in which Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) gets a serious scare when her romantic rival, Nikki Peck (guest star Teri Polo), shows up in Granville to claim the engagement ring that Sam/Jim (David Conrad) bought for her.

The "Body of Water" episode airs at 8 p.m. on CBS -- and was directed by Jennifer.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/01/70009/

18. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Ghost Whisperer isn't bad, even though I've refused to watch it since splitting up with a girlfriend who adored that TV show. I'll make an exception for Hilary. What with the "contractual obligation compilation" coming out and her doing TV work, things are looking up for the Duffster.

19. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I just saw a clip of the Reach Out video on channel 4. It didn't look as cheap as it did on the ol' PC... Lemar wasn't too impressed at the song, but then again he's Lemar so that hardly matters, does it?

20. Hot_Mess29

Hot_Mess29 Guest

Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

haha yes if Britney or Cheryl Cole had said that it would have officially made the video bad.

And the video was actually on TV!! Well at least a few people will know the songs out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.