Hilary Duff | Page 200 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I think Tattoo is the perfect choice. I can actually see it being played on radio. Hopefully they don't fuck it up as badly as they did with Sparks.

2. Tattoo? I'll take it.

3. So that's the worst two songs on the album released as singles then. Should've been the title track.

4. Wasn't there a "Why Not?" incident too? Considering how young she was then, I think she handled that technical mess up really well. The snippet of live singing at the end wasn't too bad considering.

As for Tattoo being the next single... I'm not surprised. It's not my fave but I think it could do well.

5. I gave the album a listen last night and today I feel reborn. Hilary has taken me to church.

6. My copy of the CD has just arrived from Amazon! The booklet is lovely. I love how it says Deluxe Edition on the disc!

7. Listened to the album a few times now. Only kept the first 6 songs and Rebel Hearts. The rest doesn't really do much for me.

8. Pat

Pat

What happened there? Did those hiccups with the prerecorded vocals happen live or was it just the video? Or did they just dub the whole performance except the last two lines? Confusing.

9. The verses and bridge of Confetti are so heavenly. I like the chorus too but it takes a bit of getting used to because it doesn't quite capture the dreamy teen pop of the verses. Massive grower though.

10. Either One In A Million, My Kind or Arms Around a Memory should have been the next single.

11. I think that must've happened live. I've never seen this before, but you can tell by the look on Hilary's face throughout; she's like "Oh, shit..."

Very Ashlee Simpson of her! Back in the day, Duffster was usually a flawless lip syncer.

12. I love for One In A Million - Confetti, perfectly placed after each other.
    Also really enjoying Brave Heart - Tattoo, shame about Picture This happening right after. (I love the bridge but what the hell is that final chorus doing?)
    Can't wait to get my physical copy sometime next week.

13. The second half of the album is still pretty weak in my eyes. There's only 6 or 7 tracks in total that I'm coming back to.

14. I agree with you completely! The verses are 10/10 lush, but the chorus is 6/10 (why'd they suck all the melody out?!).

Stay In Love has grown on me a lot lately. It's very Kylie 'Fever' era (would fit well right between Love Affair & Your Love). Her delivery on the track is what makes it, "I love you baby but we need to break up" makes me laugh every time.

That said, my favorites are still My Kind, Breathe In Breathe Out, Arms Around A Memory, & Night Like This. I think All About You should have replaced Picture This, but it's still a fine song. I don't dislike it.

15. I think that confetti is my favorite song on the album.

16. My favorite has been changing daily. Currently it's Lies.

17. Don't think this has been posted yet:

[video=youtube;q7SJdxv7V4E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7SJdxv7V4E[/video]

I think this her best Sparks performance so far.

18. "Lies" is an awesome track!! Love it so much! Love the horns!

19. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

Absolutely the best. Why is Hilary performing at the best she ever has? She's playing to her abilities which I admire. Gaaaaaaah. So many good emotions for her right now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.