Hilary Duff | Page 204 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I think she might stand a chance sticking at 3 with her doing so well on itunes/amazon. Especially compared to Adam Lambert.

2. Island

Island Staff Member

A top 5 album for Hilary Duff is still amazing.

3. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

I don't care or account for Billboard's new rules.

4. Uno

Uno

This list is all types of messy.

5. I got your best to not as great but still good track list..

"Confetti
    Lies
    My kind
    Breathe In. Breathe Out.
    Arms Around a Memory
    One in a Million
    Belong
    Rebel Hearts
    Brave Heart
    Night Like This
    Sparks
    Picture This
    Stay in Love"

..Or something like that. It's such a good album! No joke! There's literally not even one weak track.

6. I don't think that's a fair comment. All of her studio albums (I'm not counting the Christmas album) & Most Wanted went Top 3 in the states.

Her singles have always under performed. It's just the same pattern as usual. I think the surprise is because it's been so long since she's released an album.

7. I am enamored with Stay in Love right now. The "do you remember when I said I'd die for you?" bit just takes me to another plane of existence.

8. I completely disagree. It is definitely amazing that Hilary Duff, who most of us assumed was a relic from 2003-2004, has a top 5 album 8 years since she last released. She's done very, very well, especially with no radio or single to support it.

9. When people in this thread started to say that the second side is weaker than the first I wanted to agree. But then I tried to see exactly which song is worse than the others, and couldn't really find them - just that some aspects of some songs can feel annoying. So for me it's probably more a side effect of the album, and specifically Hilary's singing, being quite samey. And maybe it's for that reason Night Like This is my current favourite, with Kendall Schmidt's voice being a nice contrast to spice up things a bit.

10. Island

Island Staff Member

Sorry, I guess what I meant was "A top 5 album for Hilary Duff today is still amazing".

Which it truly is considering she's been out of the music scene for so long.

11. Perfectly said. I did the exact thing after hearing about the second half of the album, I just can't find major faults in any of the tracks. If I had to nitpick I would say Picture This is the weakest track. Just for the weak vocal production.

12. I didn't say it wasn't amazing, did I? In fact, I said the surprise came from the fact it had been so long since her last release.

I was simply pointing out to Island that the campaign has followed the exact same pattern as her other studio albums.

She obviously has a very loyal & consistent fan base, myself included. I'm a massive Hilary Duff fan so please don't make it sound like I was trying to demerit this wonderful achievement by simply pointing out a fact.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2015
  13. Uno

Uno

I think you're being a bit too sensitive.

Arms Around A Memory is the only song I can't quite get into, but I'm sure it'll hit me soon. I tend to love sad songs set to upbeat dancey production.

14. Hope she sticks in the top 5 and yeah, considering how music and sales have changed since she last released an album and the fact Sparks wasn't sent to radio etc. it's a great achievement. I just hope they keep up the momentum and get another single out.

15. Does anyone know what she says after that? I always try to make it out and never can for sure, which is unfortunate for my Twitter feed.

Here are what I think in regard to track rating
    Breathe In. Breathe Out.
    One in a Million
    Lies
    My kind
    Confetti
    Stay in Love"
    Rebel Hearts
    Arms Around a Memory
    Brave Heart
    Sparks
    Belong
    Picture This
    Night Like This

16. Uno

Uno

"Do you remember when I said I'd die for you?
    Every single day, pretend it's true.
    Do you remember when I said I'd die for you?
    Stay in love, give me a reason."

17. Thanks, that's what I thought it was originally but then I kept thinking how the present tense of pretend didn't go with the previous lyric.

18. She just went into her has been phase. So a top five or top ten album is pretty damn good. I expected worse.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.