Hilary Duff | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Hilary Duff

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by xluvxduffxmusicx, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

She's guest starring in everything at the moment!

Is that cos of the deal she signed with NBC?

I'm looking forward to the next batch of Duff films. They all seem to be coming out spring 09 so its going to be a bit of a duff-fest for the next few months. the law of averages suggests that after 10+ terrible films, she is bound to make a good one soon.

2. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

How so?

A. She's friends with Jennifer Love Hewitt, & Jennifer asked her if she'd come do a guest appearance on her show.

B. GW gets the highest ratings of all TV on Friday nights here in the US, with over 10.4 million on average catching every new episode.

Hmmm... that's debatable. l o l

Well GW was just a favor to her friend. The SVU guest appearance IS part of her deal with NBC.

Yeah, "What Goes Up" is coming out in selected theaters in the US in May, the DVD is supposed to follow up in June.
    "Stay Cool" is being premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival on May 23rd. A release date to theaters will soon be announced.
    "Greta" just had an advanced screening in LA a few weeks ago. A couple of representatives of distributors attended, so we'll be hearing news about that soon.
    & "Foodfight" (an animated film) is set to come out in the fall. Definitely a ton of Hilary this year.

3. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I just watched her episode of Ghost Whisper. She was quite good in it. At times I think she was a little over acting at the beginning but she really got into it towards the end.

I thought it was a bit cheesy that they played Fly when she was about to jump off the roof.

4. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

What I meant is that Hilary is still viewed as Disney star to most of the general public, which is really hindering her marketability at this stage. Im not saying she should slut it up, but in her videos I feel she still doesn't come across as a confident woman.

5. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I felt the same way with the Fly thing.

It would've been better if they just did the instrumental. Her acting wasn't too bad! It was definitely better than the rest of her movies.

The end roof scene was really good. I liked it. I'm proud of her!

6. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I never watch Ghost Whisperer but I watched Hills episode and job well done. I also could have done without them playing "Fly" in the finale, it was lame

7. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I wonder if she knew they were going to put Fly in. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't and cringed when she saw it herself. I was expecting and instrumental. I couldn't believe when I heard her voice.

That's the 2nd crying roof scene Fly has gotten. It was played when she was crying on the roof in Raise Your Voice.

I really liked the whole roof scene at the end of GW though. She was really good in it.

8. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Oh ok I see what you're saying.

& I completely agree with everyone saying "Fly" should NOT have been played on GW. It was just incredibly cheesy to add that song in, IMO.

I didn't like the first scene, but Hilary definitely held her own for the rest of the episode & the end. Loved it.

9. Resi12

Resi12 Guest

Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Fly is a really good song.

10. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

More pics on the set of SVU:
    [​IMG]

Leaving eyeglasses store:
    4/10/09:
    [​IMG]

Picking up dog:
    4/11/09:
    [​IMG]

Leaving hospital with mother:
    4/12/09:
    [​IMG]

On the set of new movie "Provinces of the Night!":
    4/16/09:
    [​IMG]

In other news, J.Y. Park, a Korean producer has listed Hilary as one of the artists he's currently working with!

Plus RUMOR ALERT - Is Hilary in negotiations to sign with RCA?

Singer/actress Hilary Duff is so to release a brand new single next month titled "Any Other Day", which will serve as the lead single from the soundtrack to one of her new films "What Goes Up".

It's unknown who the producer of the track is, but it could be mega-successful Asian producer J.Y.Park who recently confirmed that he's working on new music for Duff, as well as working on new projects for Lil' Kim, Lil' Jon, OutKast, and 3LW(yes you heard right, 3LW).

The 21-year-old star is still currently unsigned after leaving former label Hollywood Records, and her new single will be released through independant label Amherst Records.

Hilary won't be signing to an independant label though, with sources telling me that she's in serious talks with RCA records. RCA have an extremely varied roster with everybody from Kelly Clarkson, Etta James & Daughtry to Chrisina Aguilera, Imogen Heap & The Foo Fighters, and an announcement will be made soon if the talks continue running smoothly.

http://hiphop-prophet.blogspot.com/

Already confirmed, "Any Other Day" will premiere sometime next month!

11. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

OH MY GOD! I am so fucking excited after reading that. I would love for her to sign to RCA. They'd surely treat her as more of an artist than Hollywood ever did. And I must add that she's looking gorgeous, as usual.

12. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

hil signing to rca would be amazing! Im so looking forward to the relaunch/rebranding of hilary duff!

13. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

A-mazing! I'm liking that it's quite a downbeat sort of dance-pop. Loves it.

14. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I'd love her to sign to RCA. I think they're one of the best labels. Any Other Day sounds promising. Can't wait to hear it in full.

15. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

"Any Other Day" sounds so amazing! AHH! I can't wait to hear it in full!

16. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

It's sounds soo good. I'm so glad she left Hollywood to do what she wants. ♥ It sounds very good, and seems to be a smart move for her.

17. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

Sounds promising, can't wait to hear it in full.

18. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

I hate all these pap pictures, I really do. I know some uberfans love to post them but if you think about it, that's encouraging idiotic photographers to harass people doing ordinary day to day things.

I don't want to see Hilary Duff walking her dog, and I doubt Hilary Duff wants to see a paparazzo while walking her dog.

19. Re: Hilary Duff - New Album/General Discussion

34 seconds!??? not fair! you can't get much from that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.