Hipsterjustice | Page 49 | The Popjustice Forum

Hipsterjustice

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Mister Unicorn, May 3, 2014.

1. Queen of city pop is back.

2. For the witchy gays here, I'm sure a number of you have heard her name, but for those who haven't; Meet Ethel Cain; a guitar-slinging, church-dwelling talent, here to make American Gothic cool again. Her EP "Inbred" comes out next Friday.

3. Y*s bring the girls into the cult! Easily my most anticipated release of the year so far.

Deer Stop likes this.

Deer Stop likes this.
  6. CHAI just had a stint on Seattle's independent radio station, KEXP, and did a cute cover of "Karma Chameleon":

Some modern-vintage gospel tunes:

I was cruising through the Numero record label releases and found this album; it's been great to listen to while I prep in the classroom:

and, lastly,

Jonathan27 and Andy French like this.
  7. Of late I’ve become captivated by Hannah Peel’s latest album ‘Fir Wave’…

8. ilikeit.gif

finito likes this.
  9. So the vocalist from The Do has released a solo project and it bops... a lot.

Good Friends is transcendental

Crisp X likes this.
  10. @Crisp X @Andy French @aux @ysev

GATHER AROUND GIRLS WE HAVE A NEW GIRL GROUP TO OBSESS WITH

This is CHAI from Japan. Their last record, WINK has been released recently and it has come to my attention throughout RYM which is that website i spent FAR WAY TOO MUCH TIME at but god,sometimes it pays off.

Very nice, easy to listen and groove with synth / art pop. They also give me more commercial and easy to listen Yaeji vibes, so if that is something you would like, please stream them please.

And the obligatory gif moment because Nobody Knows We Are Fun is that sensual moment.

[​IMG]

edit: Me 2 me after i changed a dozen of grammatical errors

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    4Roses, ysev, LE0Night and 4 others like this.
  11. Yas WINK is incredible, great mention @enjoy!

I need PING PONG! to soundtrack a Mario Kart track immediately.

4Roses, LE0Night, Crisp X and 2 others like this.

12. [​IMG]

Glenolabar, finito and enjoy like this.

enjoy likes this.
  14. The new song from Unknown Mortal Orchestra wouldn’t sound out of place on Daddy’s Home:

sinner likes this.
    Crisp X and finito like this.

enjoy likes this.
  17. She's probably not eligible for this thread anymore, but Nina Nesbitt just released the song of the summer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.