Hit Factory Tribute Show | Page 7 | The Popjustice Forum

Hit Factory Tribute Show

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by letuinmybackdoor, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

The show starts at 5 that's 6 and a half hours to fill!

2. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Oh Christ. I'm gonna be craving a bit of indie rock by that 5th or 6th hour of non-stop PWL productions... fun, love, and monotony.

3. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Jason will do I'm Doing Fine for you then!

4. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I just saw him on the Here & Now tour last year and he was rubbish. Terrible, in fact. One of the worst live acts I've seen, easily. Just flat, out of tune, struggling to reach notes. He also had some terrible songs written for him. PWL didn't always write so well for men, I thought. Much lower hit-to-miss raito.

5. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I'm guessing Donna Summer will turn up - she's not done much for a while and like most of these acts it gives her a platform for a while.

Sinitta had a few good songs looking back, I bet they only let her do the two big ones - I want ' I don't believe in miracles'. I remember the 7" cover she was wearing just an outfit crafted from voile. It was the only time my Dad took an interest in my record collection sadly.

6. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Sinitta had some great singles, yes, and my favourites are Feels Like The First Time and I Don't Believe In Miracles, but I would imagine she'll do Toy Boy and Cross My Broken Heart.

7. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I Don't Believe In Miracles is my favourite Sinitta single.
    AND among my Top 10 PWL tracks.

It's just so good.

Melancholipop done by SAW always worked well.

8. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I Don't Believe In Miracles is indeed amazing - I've got the 12" framed on my wall of 80s popstars next to Madonna, Kylie and Taylor Dayne! It's Sinitta's best song by a mile. I can remember her saying in Smash Hits it was a more adult sound for her, God bless her!

I really hope at the concert they let the acts sing some more "obscure" songs like this and Love, Truth and Honesty and not just stick to Toy Boy and Venus.

9. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Am I the only one concerned that Pepsi & Shirlie are included in all this when.... they aren't a PWL/SAW act at all? Phil Harding mixed Heartache, but if that's all you need to qualify, he remixed all sorts of non-PWL stuff. Maybe it's the fact they recorded Who's Gonna Catch You by Mel & Kim/Sinitta, despite the fact it wasn't released at the time, which qualifies them, but it's still a bit of a stretch.

10. vasilios

vasilios Guest

I think it all depends on how 'pumped' the acts are.
    And of course the person in charge.

Sinitta MUST do a 6 song set, please!

I remember when I went to see Bananarama at the Garage gig they did for Viva 2 years ago in London, I heard that the initial plan was to do more obscure stuff, more songs etc but the low turnout kinda made the girls less excited / interested so they just did their extended Here & Now set.

Still, it was amazing.

11. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I was at that Nanas gig and it was great. They were on sparkling form.

I saw Sinitta, Sonia, Hazell and Nathan Moore in Birmingham at a mini SAW Reunion thing and that was good. Sonia did "Better The Devil" (her one, not Kylie's) which wasn't SAW related but it padded out her set.

12. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I could see the finale being all the acts uniting to do 'Respectable' which as Pete said was their 'fuck off' to the music biz. It'd be great as a tribute to Mel and a great way to end with a bang.

13. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

They could get Hev and Shirl from EastEnders to reinact the dance routine.

14. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I get that Donna Summer has hardly been relevant for past few years but in terms off most successful acts that SAW worked with, she is in a different league to Kylie

Donna Summer is one of the most successful female artists of all time plus i regard her SAW hits as some of the best they recorded

15. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Well as mentioned before, Kylie's appearance is practically a given as she's the only act to have any kind of longevity post PWL. It would be really great for her to get up and sing her most "PWL-ish" stuff - I Should Be So Lucky, Hand On Your Heart and Especially for you.

And Donna Summer would be awesome, as PWL basically gave her her comeback. Even if it's just This Time, Loves About To Change and Breakaway.

And yes, Samantha Fox is essential and will add some real colour. Shame they can't get La Toya Jackson. She goes to the opening of an envelope.

16. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

But Donna Summer pulled out of Lovebox Festival this summer for no apparent reason

17. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I love Donna, but... really?

It's not as if she's busy doing sell-out tours of her own or releasing major singles and albums these days. There was a thing online a few years back where you could book Donna Summer to perform at your party, all you had to do was cobble together 18 grand.

(Yes, I considered having a whip-round.)

18. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I think getting Donna Summer would be a major coup - I'm sure most people have never seen her live and her Another Place and Time album is one of PWL's best. I also think she is the best vocalist they ever worked with. I personally would rather see a Donna set than Kylie at this event simply because I've seen Kylie sing these songs so many times. I'd love her to turn up at the very end for a "surprise" performance of Especially For You but given the choice I'd go for Donna Summer.

Wonder if they will ask Cliff?!

19. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

Cliff could do soul version of 'Just Don't Have The Heart'.

20. Re: Hit factory tribute show hyde Park July 11

I agree with what someone said about money not being a factor for Kylie, if she does turn up it will be because she wants to, I do have a feeling kylie would like to appear, possibly not alongside the rest of the performers but as a surprise duet at the end with Jason would be perfect! Has Sam Fox been confirmed, Im sure shes not busy...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.