Hocus Pocus | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Hocus Pocus

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Blob, Oct 31, 2010.

1. As long as they also throw the original onto Apple Music/Spotify too.

tastic, JamieHT, Florencia. and 3 others like this.
  2. I can't shake the feeling that this will be awful, but of course I'll be watching and going into it wanting to have fun!

tastic, Maria, lushLuck and 1 other person like this.
  3. I feel like it will be bad but hopefully it’s campy.

4. Yes, this will be absolutely terrible and I will enjoy every minute of it.

LPT, LPMA, tastic and 7 others like this.
  5. I feel like we’ll all get what we want from this, SJP hinted at ‘songs’ on Watch What Happens Live and you can find the main song on YouTube on some dodgy footage from behind the scenes and it is just as good as I Put A Spell On You for me!

6. I was actually convinced the reason Thora backed out of the Wednesday Addams Netflix show was because she got offered a big part in Hocus Pocus 2. It's truly bizarre. I discovered this when Grace Randolph mentioned it in a livestream a while back. So I just assumed that Thora was going back to where it all began for her. It would make total sense. Her being the owner of the magic shop. Imagine my surprise and utter disappointment when we saw the actual owner in the teaser. Unless they're keeping her as a surprise. Out of Dani, Max and Allison, I just want Dani back the most. She basically stole the show and my heart.

7. They look so good!

8. SISTAHS!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    LGStan93, zephyr, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  9. A new Official clip

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
    Island likes this.
  11. Review embargo is up, 68% on Rotten Tomatoes so far :https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/hocus_pocus_2

Generally the reviews range from negative to quite good, but they were never really going to be any better than that were they? The original had a 39% RT rating so the critics seem much kinder to this one.

As long as you don't go in expecting the world it seems like it should be a basic but silly good time for fans of the original.

Florencia. and Maria like this.
  12. It has a 60 on Metacritic. I think that's great considering critics hated the first one.
    13 positive/ 6 mixed/ 1 negative.

I can't wait to watch it over the weekend.

13. The IGN review is bizarre. The reviewer claiming that she’s a real witch, then calling the movie out on not filming on location and being historically inaccurate…

upload_2022-9-29_17-43-25.gif

Martyn, Rob, phily693 and 16 others like this.
  14. Soundtrack is on Spotify. Reviews are decent enough.

15. Just seen it. I got quite emotional in parts. I enjoyed how much it felt like a celebration of the first film. Many of the jokes made me cackle. A sweet message that made the whole thing quite lovely.

phily693, LPT, Florencia. and 2 others like this.
  16. Ugh it was perfect! I didn’t sour the original and definitely gave me all the feels seeing these icons back together!

Matgo, LPT, Florencia. and 1 other person like this.
  17. I've not watched the film yet but I went straight to Spotify to listen to the witches track and honestly, it's CAMP and everything I could want. Perfect choice.

Florencia., Robbietoxic and sfmartin like this.
  18. Just watched the film. Really leaned into the nostalgia and was actually quite a sweet ending. Those three are just magic together.

19. God, what a film. I actually think I may prefer it to the original? The big musical number was, of course, incredible.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.