Holly Valance

Status
Not open for further replies.
you won't be disappointed - it's a fantastic album though I'd definitely urge you to get the Dannii album too, full of glorious pop moments.

Scoodle said:
you won't be disappointed - it's a fantastic album though I'd definitely urge you to get the Dannii album too, full of glorious pop moments.

Yeah, I was just going to say this. Dannii's last proper album (Neon Nights) is virtually identical in sound to State of Mind, but much better, in my opinion. Not that State of Mind is bad...at all.

State Of Mind is a really quality pop album. Look out for Roll Over. After you've recovered, check out Action, Desire, Everything I Hate and Somebody Out There.

You probably could have bought it for a shilling and tuppence from ebay though.

I'm kicking myself for not getting it when it was $6 at the discount bin at Borders the other day. Of course, when I went back yesterday, all the discs were gone. I also missed the chance to get the Tori Amos and Cher greatest hits. Boo.

God, I <3 Holly! And like one said about, one of the biggest pop crimes were State of Mind not being number 1.

I miss her. The pop world misses this sort of sound!

Stae of Mind is one of those lil pop gems that is truely amazing, even three years after its release. It was completely ahead of its time and showed that Holly had potential. All the tracks worked well together and as such is a brilliant lil collection of pop songs. every track is great in its own lil way but the track that stuck out for me on first listen was action, its a great song and plays out brilliant. the album also ends on an amazing highlight, double take, its really good. My personal fave is ricochets, its a cool song that shows a differnt side to the album as a whole. Well worth buying :)

I absolutely LOVED State of Mind but never bought the album, and I too am kicking myself for not buying it when I saw it a few months ago for £2.99. Now that shop has closed and I can't find it anywhere....although I only just remembered now that I want it.

I'll have to amuse myself with my Cleopatra comeback album!!! Hah.

I have to say i thought it was one of the worst albums i've ever bought, state of mind the single was amazing - but the rest of it was a pile of tosh imo. I could completely understand why anymore single releases were pulled, because they would have bombed..

doa_dead_or_alive_ver3.jpg

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/8135138.html#cutid1

this comes out in the U.S September 6th.

in the immortal words of wayne campell 'ah jesus god no!'

seriously a dead or alive movie , i could understand mortal combat and street fighter but DOA wasnt really all that apart from the boobs

please tell me uwe boll isnt directing this

Come on... drop the snobbery. HOW could this possibly be a bad thing? Hot "mamas", including Holly, lots of action and hilarious one-liners.

Ttoby said:
Come on... drop the snobbery. HOW could this possibly be a bad thing? Hot "mamas", including Holly, lots of action and hilarious one-liners.

Yes, though I branded it crap, I'll go and see it. I went to see The Fantastic 4 at the cinema. I'll go and see anything.

Snakes On A Plane is my next target.

Status
Not open for further replies.