Hollywood (2020 Netflix series) | The Popjustice Forum

Hollywood (2020 Netflix series)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by James2009, Apr 20, 2020.

1. New show from Ryan Murphy and Netflix. Perched for this isolation entertainment. The trailer make it look like a perfect level of distraction plus I always love some Darren Criss.

2. Darren Criss though.

3. Wow. I’m perched!

WowWowWowWow and James2009 like this.
  4. The lack of Samara in the trailer.

[​IMG]

5. Is it going to be interactive?

6. David Corenswet is so beaut.

nooniebao and WowWowWowWow like this.
  7. Going to copy & paste my initial reaction from the Ryan Murphy thread:

I’ve seen the first 2. It’s very pretty, but not terribly exciting. I’ll keep watching, but I didn’t find a ton to latch onto in those initial episodes.

It’s very ‘The LA Complex but set in the 1940s.’ Lots of pretty 20-somethings trying to make it in Hollywood while overcoming lots of ‘drama.’ It feels a bit too ‘network fare’ for Netflix, but again, the aesthetics remain top notch.

8. I'll watch but tea:

nooniebao, WowWowWowWow, Lila and 3 others like this.
  9. My beloved Harriet Harris appears in one episode as Eleanor Roosevelt.
    [​IMG]
    And I've always adored Holland Taylor.
    [​IMG]

10. This looks terrible and a little desperate.

WowWowWowWow and lushLuck like this.
  11. For something called HOLLYWOOD it looks a little bland.

I'm still waiting for a Ryan Murphy series to love as much as The People vs OJ. That was a classic!

diamondliam, 4Roses and POPGASM like this.
  12. "I’m a fan of Murphy’s unabashed theatricality and heartfelt compassion for outsiders, but this is the most disastrous project of his career, a limited series that not only fails dramatically but attempts a degree of social commentary that can only be called insulting."

WOW.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/hollywood-2020

13. Ouch.

It was only a matter of time!

14. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

Let me stream some early Nip/Tuck to remind myself of the good days gone past.

15. The issue seems to me that he wants every series to be EVERYTHING. He has 20 shows on TV, but still feels like every single one need to be campy/scary/dramatic/hilarious/topical/100 other things. His shows can't thrive because he can't focus on doing one thing great.

nooniebao, Chris_P, jtm and 5 others like this.
  16. I really should do the same. Those first 3 seasons are delicious.

Hollywood is stale Wonder Bread in comparison.

17. Famke spinning round in the chair to Filthy/Gorgeous still has me gagged. Gay rights!

18. 3 episodes in and I'm quite enjoying it. It's charming.

Jake Picking is my new crush!

19. Ryan Murphy being attached to anything actually makes me want to avoid it. He's spread himself so thin with so many shows.

Monkey0 and berserkboi like this.
  20. Well I’m loving it. It’s pretty entertaining! I love anything that explores that golden age era however mad they do it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.