Horror films. | Page 1025 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I loved that the new Suspiria wasn’t a direct rehash of the original. Both are great

The unfortunate moment of the latest version was Mother Markos and her prosthetics at the end made her resemble Bubbles Devere from Little Britain

lushLuck and P'NutButter like this.
  2. I'm sad we didn't get to see more of the manifestation of the true Mater Suspiriorum. The practical effects looked beautiful.

Olga's death in that dreaded mirrored room is one of the most grueling scenes in a horror film. Right up there with the second half of the original Martyrs.

3. How Witty.

I'm watching Splinter this evening

4. Great gowns, beautiful gowns. The visuals were devine but those final 10 minutes were a choice.

Andrew.L and johnny_tsunami like this.
  5. Gals let's not forget that Phenomena is also an Argento masterpiece. I unironically love the fake insect science and the homicidal monkey.

Plus we get icon Jennifer Connelly and her formidable eyebrows.

enjoy, Dreampopboy, Anjoel40 and 6 others like this.
  6. I wasn’t being witty. I’m so confused.

7. BTG

BTG

I want to know what drugs were being used when someone gave the green light to “the power of the runes” stopped him, I-

8. Probably the same one that went ‘Remember his sweet niece from the last two? What if....and stay with me here....he rapes her and fathers their incest baby!’

9. I used to hate horror movies as a kid, but the last like 5-6 years or so, I started loving them. I'm in a bit of a horror mood, as I'm planning on reading the five Stephen King books I have, so I'm really into his adaptations, but also randomly obsessed with The Conjuring series again, so I'm trying to watch all 7 movies today.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Island and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. Apparently I have some self-esteem issues as I just watched Black Christmas (2006) and Sorority Row (2009) back to back. God, they're terrible.

Kristen Cloke, Lacey Chabert, Michelle Trachtenberg and Briana Evigan (who genuinely carries Sorority Row on her shoulders) deserve much better.

Special mention to fake Sammi Sweetheart in Sorority Row for her delivery of "stahp it! Just stahp it" the same way the true Sammi yelled at Ronnie in Jersey Shore.

Andrew.L and johnny_tsunami like this.
  11. Both movies are camp classics.

And leave our favorite pizza heiress alone!

12. The Black Christmas remake is a mess that I enjoy, but Sorority Row is an absolute blast. I love every thing about it aside from the above-mentioned sister.

Robsolete, junglefish, sesita and 3 others like this.
  13. Island

Island Staff Member

Patrick Wilson. What a daddy.

14. Mmmhmmm. Honestly, I love the movies but they're worth it just for him.

15. I saw Sorority Row in theaters when it first came out and I remember it being enjoyable.

My favorite part was towards the end when ...

the blonde was killed. I remember being so happy like... FINALLY. But it was bittersweet because she was the main source of the few chuckles I gave throughout the film. Her lines were great.

Gonna have to give it a rewatch soon, see if it still holds up.

sesita and johnny_tsunami like this.
  16. Sorority Row would have been better if the script wasn't so dumb. Still it has its bright spots: that opening shot, the deaths and of course the real MVP of the movie:

[​IMG]

sesita and johnny_tsunami like this.
  17. Cassidy: Oh my God it's Megan!

Jessica: Oh she looks terrible…

26AAB707-2D0C-4046-9D87-D4EB3FBAA888.jpeg

18. Also the sheer cigarettarty of the ending scene

19. She was doing what the director asked her to. She's a great actress.

20. Whew that American remake of A Tale of Two Sisters is so bad and bland as hell but I love how Elizabeth Banks camps it up.

enjoy, Andrew.L and #teamdodd! like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.