Horror films. | Page 1234 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. On Tuesday I watched Halloween III: Season of the Witch. It was so bad that I wanted to stop watching very early on but I forced myself to see the whole thing. It was not scary at all. It was a complete waste of time. I really do not recommend it.

Recently I also watched The Thing and Christine and I liked both of them. The Thing was especially brilliant. I love that they used so many practical effects. People who did the latest versions of It should have taken a note because CGI is not always a good way to do something.

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. This opinion...

[​IMG]

4. Watching The Conjuring 2 again, it has a lot of creepy moments, but The Enfield Haunting TV series did the story so much better.

5. The Conjuring 2 had one great scene, which was when the girl's face, which was not in focus, started to shift into a demonic form while the audio tape was being played. Other than that, it was camp. Although we're all Just A Hole for Patrick Wilson. Also Vera is, of course, amazing.

Neon Green, Dreampopboy, BTG and 7 others like this.

6. Agree can't get into Halloween III one bit minus the score. A complete snooze fest.

wodny likes this.
  7. Not all of us.
    True, especially as I am old enough the remember the story in the papers. I was very young but was always interested in the supernatural.

P'NutButter likes this.
  8. Wasn’t the Enfield case the driver for Ghostwatch in 1992 as well?

That scared the hell outta me when it was on, and of course there was that viewer who committed suicide shortly after. Watching it now it’s like a Going Live Halloween special.

9. I found Conjuring 2 was okay. It wasn’t creepy or sinister enough for me. Something just didn’t click.

Andrew.L, Duppe and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. My partner and I are going to check out two indie horrors tonight: Rorscach and The Blackwell Ghost. I will report back.

11. Watched this fun hokey William Castle movie, kind of like Hitchcock's Spellbound but trashier. Barbara Stanwyck's last film role.

12. Finished the year watching the camp, trashy Lair Of The White Worm.

Feels like an appropriate gif.

tumblr_mjzeahYjZt1qedb29o1_500.gif

13. Me starting the new year by reading 'Halloween III: Season of the Witch' slander:

[​IMG]

wodny, Neon Green, Pink Frost and 7 others like this.
  14. I finally watched Doctor Sleep and as much as I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, there’s one particular scene that I found so disturbing I almost turned it off.

15. Let me guess, Jacob Tremblay scene?

johnny_tsunami and Neon Green like this.
  16. That’s the one, so uncomfortable, it’s hard to believe it was originally a lot more violent and Stephen King himself asked for it to be toned down.

wickedbruv, Andrew.L and Neon Green like this.
  17. I’m glad someone has finally validated my Patrick Wilson horn
    upload_2021-1-3_11-8-40.gif

18. That’s crazy about the murder scene in Doctor Sleep. The original scene is already so uncomfortable, and I’m sure must have been wayy weird to act. Jacob Tremblay is an incredible actor.
    I didn’t go into Doctor Sleep with many expectations but I thought it was brilliant. Aside from being a little too long, it was great, and gave the perfect amount of reference to The Shining (which is one of my faves)

19. I've only seen the director's cut of Doctor Sleep, so I don't know how much it differs from the theatrical cut, but I remember

being so traumatized when we find out our hero left that toddler to starve to death after the mother OD's

that I switched off all emotions for the rest of the movie. Didn't even remember the Jacob Tremblay scene until you mentioned it.

Nevertheless, it's a very good movie.

wickedbruv, thommyh, Andrew.L and 3 others like this.
  20. The scene in the book is a lot worse, but it really adds to how terrifying and awful the True Knot are.

Neon Green and AshtrayHeart like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.