Horror films. | Page 1236 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. It was really well acted (one of them was the tiniest bit wooden), and reminds me of a book I read years ago where a seance 'created' a ghost (on purpose), which also scared the crap out of me.

P'NutButter and johnny_tsunami like this.
  2. Haunt, Terrified, The Changeling, Anything for Jackson, Hell House LLC, The Colour out of Space are all a good place to start.

Roey_says likes this.
  3. Wrong Turn is happening later this month, I think?

4. Hmm in that case let me watch the original Nosferatu on mubi instead! Thanks sis.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  5. I just now watched the trailer for Wrong Turn and it looks really good, I love the first one.

Mr Brightside likes this.
  6. Wronger Turn looks better than I expected but I'm still cautious.

7. Same. The fact that it was 'just another' sequel at first, then a sequel-slash-reboot, now a total reboot gives me pause for concern. I think it's a straight to DVD affair being oversold.

I know someone who knows someone in it and they don't exactly frequent 'top tier' horror movies.

lushLuck, Duppe and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. All the Creepshow stuff is well worth it, too.

Also all their giallo. I could spend a couple days just devoted to that ddd

9. I just watched ‘Anything For Jackson’ and honestly what the fuck have I just witnessed

Subwaykid and johnny_tsunami like this.
  10. It’s actually a great movie though I’m not gonna lie. Definitely worth the watch, some bits I literally gasped because it was so uncomfortable.

11. The tagline is giving me MA teas mess, so obviously Imma add this to my to-watch list. YATH.

johnny_tsunami and Neon Green like this.
  12. I just watched it myself. Really liked it. Very creepy and well done. Not bad from a director of Lifetime Movies.

13. I subscribed to Shudder last night because you all got me hyped and also it was the last day of the 99p offer dd.
    I’ve just watched Host and I was surprised to see they managed to make an actually believable and tense horror over Zoom! I was honestly rolling my eyes for the first 20 minutes but once things got going I was gripped to my seat. It was short and sweet too.

14. Pig Tails Henny hiding under a sheet in Host puts me in mind of Big Hair Henny in Madman hiding in a fridge
    [​IMG]

15. I just realised I misread your list and started my watch last night with Terrfier instead of Terrfied!

[​IMG]

The misogyny was thick and the plot was paper thin. Art The Clown could be a great antagonist though in a better film.

16. Terrifier really is just...gross. The misogyny really is so off-putting, not to mention how bad some of the gore effects look. When the lady getting sawed in half suddenly turns to a cheap Party City mannequin...

Steve003, BTG and Roey_says like this.
  17. I like it but I totally get what people are saying. It's very dated in it's treatment of his female victims. The clown is very creepy though and would fair better in a higher quality horror.

Roey_says likes this.
  18. Uno

Uno

Haven't seen this whole list but I saw Hell House LLC a while ago and PHEW. That clown scared the genuine shit out of me.

Haunt is also really great from that list.

19. Haunt isn’t showing on Shudder UK? Is that correct, I thought it was a Shudder original?

20. It is on Prime UK so maybe they have the rights for a while (and it is good)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.