Horror films. | Page 1280 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Told a friend to watch Urban Legend and his review was ‘so bad it was just bad’

[​IMG]

Inky, tylerc904, Uno and 11 others like this.
  2. I mean.....are they really wrong?

Yes, Rebecca Gayheart was robbed of her Oscar Nomination for her generation defining monologue and killer reveal performance, but beyond that, ‘Urban Legends’ was cute. She was a cute girl. Meh.

johnoclock and sesita like this.
  3. I will not tolerate any Urban Legends slander in this house. Not unless we want to start losing kidneys.

Inky, LMX, GazWilliams and 12 others like this.
  4. The omission of Mrs Loretta Devine's performance.....

Move over the the window, now, you loony psycho bitch!

[​IMG]

5. Why do you always do this?

6. Because someone is taking these urban legends and making them a reality.

7. [​IMG]

8. Yes.

It's called Urban Legend for a reason.

Because it's legendaric.

Inky, LMX, GazWilliams and 16 others like this.
  9. There are no flaws in Urban Legend. It has always been an absolute delight.

I finally got around to rewatching the original Wrong Turn, however, and it just doesn’t do it for me like it does for you lil Dushes.

10. [​IMG]
    no urban legend slander on this site thank u

Inky, Robsolete, LMX and 11 others like this.
  11. Urban Legend SLANDER?!?!

Lets see:

- Natasha Wagner's delivery of "oh my god" when almost getting hit by the car....classic!
    - NW's beautiful rendition of an 80's classic. Mariah is still shook!
    - Tara Reids best performance only? and her gay DJ with his shirt always open.
    - "Bye Paul!"
    - Danielle Harris serving us Hot Topic iconic bitch
    - "One black eye eye or two? You decide." Yes even awful Natalie gives us at least one good line!
    - Loretta
    -Devine
    -"You should check her pulse. She's been like that for years" Yes a gay wrote this. (RIP legend)\
    -"He's not missing. It's the weekendddd" serving some Lisa Vanderpump realness
    - Sasha's iconic chase scene
    - Rebecca Gayheart's performance which should have won her an Oscar, a Tony, VMA ect...

Ding, ding, ding! It's amazing.

12. "He's probably shacked up with a girl... or a guy... farmyard animal. Weren't you ever 18?"
    "Not that kinda 18."

Girl, I was!

[​IMG]

It's the most fun 90s slasher. Sorry Scream.

Burzum, GazWilliams, BTG and 5 others like this.
  13. As a huge horror fan, I will never understand the appeal of torture/overly gory horror films like Saw and Hostel.

I much prefer slashers (where there is admittedly usually some gore) and supernatural/ghost stories.

Edu, Inky, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  14. Every now and then I think about how the first Hostel film almost single-handedly destroyed tourism in the Slovak Republic... and the actual point of "bogarting tourists get themselves into trouble they could've easily avoided if they weren't such bros" just went over people's heads. Eli Roth really said "Lemme make a point, but not make a point."

ohaimanabu likes this.
  15. I also would appreciate no shady comments on the iconic April Fools Day which I fully intend to watch at least twice today.

"Oh, all right, something about myself. Um, I wanna work with handicapped children, and my parents are my best friends. Oh, and I start convent school next semester… and I fuck on the first date. April Fool’s!"

Queen!

Edu, lushLuck, ohaimanabu and 4 others like this.
  16. "Respectable quaint young couple return from a morning of non-violent sex."

17. Freaky was a really fun time. I thought the cast did an excellent job & the gore was top notch. Just a blast from beginning to end.

18. I was able to tolerate Saw but found Hostel particularly vile. Maybe because the gore was directly caused by people rather than traps... Who knows. The Bijou Philips torture scene from the second? Caught that bit once and just why... what is the appeal?! Thankfully I've never seen Martha Meeks being tortured.

ohaimanabu likes this.
  19. Back in high school I used to fancy Eli Roth so hard.

20. BTG

BTG

Much like SMG’s sleek bob and Brandy’s contribution to the genre, Urban Legend is untouchable.

br0dy, Hudweiser, unnameable and 11 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.