Horror films. | Page 1282 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I watched it last night! I think I like it better than the original which I always found a bit soapy and melodramatic. Agree William Holden was barely trying.

The death scenes and extra gore are great.

I thought I hadn't seen it before but as soon as it got to the scene above I remembered I had seen it before.

Going to watch the 3rd tonight, I'm pretty sure that is the one I have not seen.

2. I'm not a big fan of the third one but love Goldsmith's score and Sam Neill is perfectly cast (and sexy). It's just not fun like the second one is.

Burzum, Steve003 and Pink Frost like this.
  3. Watching Violation on Shudder. I was not ready for this um.....very graphic male nudity but ok. gay rights

4. It's very Nancy Drew Goes To College, but when Babs appears properly it touches greatness, then fizzles out.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  5. Someone tell me what iconic theme song I'm currently watching in the first shot

da da da da

da da da da

da da da

da da da

**woman humming**

I really shouldn't post when drinking.

kylieminogues and Andrew.L like this.
  6. It's definitely an experience. I appreciate it for what it is but it's not a film you can really enjoy. Impressive but not a repeated viewing.

junglefish and Steve003 like this.

7. Exactly my thoughts. It was really well shot and I thought the lead actress was amazing. Glad I watched it but will most likely not watch it again.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  8. The Empty Man was bloody boring and stupid.

Uno likes this.
  9. BTG

BTG

She’s watching Mimic.

10. An underrated gem!

I own Silent Scream but only watched it once. I really need to get in the habit of playing my Blurays more.

johnny_tsunami, Anjoel40 and BTG like this.
  11. BTG

BTG

So good! Mira is a queen.

That “funny shoes” kid though...

Dreampopboy likes this.
  12. Me too. I have come to rely on streaming now as it's easier. I have lost the art of choosing for myself. I have so many Blu Ray/DVDs that it's not so easy to find stuff, so I just settle for what's on streaming. The benefit of it though is that I watch stuff I'd have never thought of watching

Andrew.L likes this.
  13. The Director's Cut, I hope?

14. Creepshow S1 for me tonight

(I've also ordered The Fog/The Howling Double Bill, Blood Sisters, Demon Knight and Day Of The Beast on blu-ray)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021 at 12:08 AM
    Dreampopboy and johnny_tsunami like this.
  15. BTG

BTG

It was actually the theatrical. The DC is nowhere to be found on steaming here and I forgot just how butchered the theatrical feels in comparison.

16. The director's cut is the way to go! Mimic is certainly underrated in del Toro's filmography. Give me subway bug men over The Shape of Water any damn day.

johnoclock, BTG, Andrew.L and 2 others like this.
  17. That's pretty much true of most the 70s blockbusters. It's what makes them so great still now.

Andrew.L likes this.

18. A24 doing a slasher?

[​IMG]

Dreampopboy, lushLuck, aux and 2 others like this.
  19. I love Naomi Watts but she has some truly horrible taste in picking projects usually.

Cognitive Dissonance likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.