Horror films. | Page 1286 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Not sure if there are Friday the 13th fans in here, but has anybody seen the almost 7 hour documentary Crystal Lake Memories? I found it on Sudder last night and planned on just watching an hour or so but I’m almost finished. It has lots of good behind the scenes info and interviews with the cast. Each chapter is about one film and they cover all, including the tv series in depth. You also get to see a lot of the gorier death scenes which were cut.

2. Watched this last night. It was a fun Vincent Price anthology horror. All 3 stories were great but the 2nd with the weird garden of poison plants was unique.

ezgif-2-2087228497fd.jpg

Andrew.L and Anjoel40 like this.
  3. HOOJ fan.

Yes! That doc is amazing. The accompanying book is also really good.

4. Subwaykid

Subwaykid Staff Member

Anyone know where to watch The Eyeslicer? I’m particularly looking for Great Choice starring queen Carrie Coon but it looks like the only physical distributed was a limited edition VHS and was screened at festivals otherwise. Hoping it’s not completely lost to exclusivity.

5. I haven't watched a decent horror in ages, but always stalk this thread. Big fan of 90s/2000s slashers, but also those slow-burn psychological ones where inexplicably rich straight couples that clearly hate each other slowly unravel. Faves 'recently' have been ones like Ready Or Not, The Gift, The Invisible man etc.

Anything I might have missed over the last few years that's worth a shout? (I've got Prime/Netflix/Disney etc).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  6. God, Samantha Eggar is just iconic in everything she’s in. Those eyes. I really enjoyed The Brood - it’s camp as all hell and incredibly fun (the scene in the classroom!!) but also quite thought-provoking in what it has to say about familial abuse and inherited trauma. Scanners next.

Burzum, Dreampopboy, Steve003 and 5 others like this.
  7. Me choosing to waste 90 mins of my life watching Beneath on Netflix

[​IMG]

The DUMBEST bunch of characters. Although I ironically stan their insistence on voting people off the boat so they could distract the fish for 2 seconds and get nowhere. That was camp.

8. Yes, it was a pile of crap. Some eye candy but the fish looked like a 70s Doctor Who reject.

9. How dare you come for the Taran Wood Beast like this?
    [​IMG]

Anjoel40 likes this.
  10. Just got my Urban Legends Boxset, so I'll keep the weekend free to go through the extras (although I still have the F13 & IKWYDLS Extras to go through too).

Andrew.L likes this.
  11. Re-watched The Hole from 2001. I feel like this could have been good but the pacing/structure is pretty bad. I love a movie with a crazy bitch but it doesn't come together.

12. I've watched it like 5 times all the way through. The Elm Street one, Never Sleep Again, is also brilliant.

This movie was so weird. Points for full frontal male nudity but I remember finding the final 20 minutes a real let down.

sesita and Steve003 like this.
  13. ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

At least Laurence Fox dies in it.

Subspace88, Steve003, 4Roses and 4 others like this.
  14. Keira Knightley was only 15 when making that film, which creeps me the fuck out.

Steve003 and sesita like this.
  15. Uno

Uno

Does anyone here have Letterboxd? I'd love to see some horror related ratings & reviews, especially ones that give Urban Legend 4.5/5 star reviews like I did.

My name on there is @BuyEmotion if anyone would like to follow (link also in signature - I will follow back!)

16. I've followed you. It'll be obvious it's me.

UL deserves 5/5 though, let's be real.

johnny_tsunami and Uno like this.
  17. Spinning this movie again, first time in aaaaages. Paris Hilton was surprisingly good. But my God cut 15 minutes out.

To think the cruddy slasher Perez Hilton was in they allowed him to survive.

18. House of Wax is so good. Starring four handsome men (and the guy from Scary Movie), Paris being iconic and Elisha being a solid if a lil' dull final girl. I still wince at the scenes where she falls in the pit of dead animals and Jared's cheek slides off.

Steve003, lushLuck, Fuchsia and 3 others like this.
  19. Yas I just got Letterboxd yesterday. The IMDB import I did seemed to put my watching activity into a random order of its choosing but lemme ignore the mess.

Drop the @‘s ladies, mine is spinachpuffs

Andrew.L likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.