Horror films. | Page 1293 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. There were some decent scripts online in the 00s (fan ones, I guess). I remember a decent 'Return to Pendleton' one that began with the 'scratching at the door' story where the person in the room is told not to open the door under any circumstances by the police, but it turns out it's their roommate trying to get help, their throat's been cut and all they can do is feebly claw at the door until they bleed out.

2. So. Fucking. Stunning. Lemme rewatch this ooky spooky masterpiece and give Jenny and Musetta some love.

Steve003 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  3. I don't care that they are crap, it would still annoy me that wasn't able to complete the collection. I got the 'Troll' Boxset, and am I ever gonna watch 2 again in my life? No.

johnny_tsunami and Andrew.L like this.
  4. Eiko Ishioka getting top billing and her costumes being the star of the advertising campaign and the main draw for audiences to see this.

[​IMG]

5. I watched Synchronic last night and thought that it got progressively less tense as it went on, they didn’t push the concept as far as they could have. A solid if not fantastic movie.

The Devils Backbone had an interesting story & was definitely captivating but it wasn’t what I expected it to be, I thought it was going to be a much more straightforward ghost horror movie. It wasn’t exactly what I was in the mood for but I did still enjoy it.

6. A personal favourite, I adore this film.

7. The Devil's Backbone is amazing.

I never followed up, but that last half hour of The Taking Of Deborah Logan will take some beating.

8. The Devil's Backbone is amazing, probably my favorite Guillermo del Toro film, and maybe why I found Crimson Peak so underwhelming.

I watch it at least one a year, it's amazing.

I watched the Australian film Wake In Fright last night, holy shit. It was very strange but powerful.

I almost couldn't watch it, it has a very long disturbing kangaroo hunt that I hoped was faked, but it was too realistic.

51qxweuvsil-_sl500_ss500_1.jpg

TeamDorinda!! and Andrew.L like this.
  9. I watched it for the first time a couple of years ago. Loved it. Very strange and unique but totally engaging. It's unflinching rawness was an experience.

Pink Frost likes this.
  10. No the kangaroo hunt is genuine. A lot of critics walked out of screenings because of it, if I recall?

Pink Frost and johnny_tsunami like this.
  11. Yes, Wake In Fright is notorious for the kangaroo hunt footage being real. It was also thought to be a "lost film" following its commercial failure and criticism regarding the animal cruelty.

It has since been found and restored, thankfully.

Pink Frost, Andrew.L and Anjoel40 like this.
  12. The book it's based on is amazing.

Pink Frost and johnny_tsunami like this.
  13. Im excited for this.

14. Ah niiiice. I was worried the 'change of style' might harm it, but that looks good.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  15. I'll watch anything that includes Vera Farmiga camping it up.

Also I'm glad she went with the traditional Lorraine Warren up-DO.

16. Uno

Uno

I watched The Final Girls for the 2nd time this month - still great on every watch. I still get watery-eyed during the Betty Davis Eyes scene.

Remorque, Dreampopboy, 4Roses and 4 others like this.
  17. Yesss I was so excited when I went to YouTube and saw the trailer was up. Really excited for this. The Conjuring was one of the films to really get me into horror, and I love the sequel just as much, so I can't wait for this one.

stuaw and Abandon06 like this.
  18. Wake In Fright is fantastic! I watched it with some beer one evening and it was like a 4D experience. Utterly beguiling.

Pink Frost and Anjoel40 like this.
  19. If they dare kill off Vera.....

[​IMG]

20. I know it's a fictionalized version of the universe but if they killed Lorraine when when obviously didn't die that'd be fucking ridiculous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.