Horror films. | Page 1379 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Is this Blu Ray and/or 4K? I can't tell.

2. From what I understand the first two Evil Dead films will be in 4K and Blu-ray. Apparently Army of Darkness will not be included.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  3. Thanks. I have the first 2 in 4K, It's Army Of Darkness that is needed.

4. No Army of Darkness? How strange.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  5. Apparently Scream Factory will release the 4K next year, which is why I think it's been excluded.

6. The Lighthouse?

7. I just watched He Know's You're Alone from 1980. I really enjoyed it and its Tom Hanks first film role. The opening sequence is very similar to Scream 2. Im guess Kevin Williamson was a fan of this slasher

8. I've seen it and it's phenomenal, and exactly the type of film I'm looking for!

Pink Frost and Andrew like this.
  9. What about (again by Altman) That Cold Day in the Park? It’s not quite as good as Images (what is?) and and not quite as horror adjacent but it’s super creepy and atmospheric.

Also! Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn! A perfect film for autumn. Clever and creepy. There are a couple of scenes that I really feel ought to be accepted as timelessly iconic but it never caught on for some reason. An overlooked little chiller.

10. Don't Look Now, The Changeling, Messiah Of Evil and Next Of Kin seem to fit the bill you're after as well.

11. I absolutely ADORE That Cold Day In The Park. Not horror but not exactly not horror either.

Beautiful Child 2 likes this.
  12. Slasher movie shit floating downstream towards us:

06/10 There's Someone Inside Your House (Netflix)
    15/10 Halloween Kills
    22/10 13 Fanboy (VOD TBC) - dir: Deborah Voorhees (!) (Tina from Friday V) and featuring a lot of series alumni
    26/10 Killer Party (Scream Factory Blu-Ray)
    27/10 Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight Part 2 (Netflix)

GodsAndMonsters, Andrew and Uno like this.
  13. Uno

Uno

I know I'm in the minority, but I loved Nobody Sleeps in the Woods Tonight - excited for the sequel.

14. Saw Carrie (1976) on the big screen last night. What a moment. What a moment. Though my boyfriend complained that Carrie being in a trance showing no emotion was not a good decision. So I showed him Chloe in 2013, being a discount Jean Grey with her arm swaying. He changed his thoughts so quickly.

Also not Best Buy selling the Halloween I and II 4K from Scream Factory early and then backtracking.

Burzum, GodsAndMonsters, BTG and 7 others like this.
  15. Yeah what was this? I got an email and was confused.

16. They broke the street date and sold copies a week early I believe so people got it and bought it. I'm sure they got in trouble and then removed it/the copies were taken off shelves. Now it's only preorder.

17. (I *love* Seance on a Wet Afternoon)

Anyway I watched this, I saw it on TV years ago and could never remember what it was called!

Killer lawn mover get jealous of new lawn mover on golf course so starts killing people.

Very, very tame for Troma, only one short shot of gore.

MV5BZTExNThlZjYtNmRkZi00OWUxLWJmY2EtMzNmMzQwODQxNWE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

18. Watched this for the first time last night and loved it. Great recommendation.

19. I’m watching No One Gets Out Alive. It’s good so far! Good atmosphere and some solid scares.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.