Horror films. | Page 1381 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. 2 and 4 are superb

wickedbruv likes this.
  2. Thanks for the heads up - checked eBay and there was one ending in an hour which I snagged for a pretty reasonable figure!

H20
    Resurrection
    Zombie 1
    Zombie 2

Always found 2 to be overrated.

silkandskin and Andrew like this.
  3. 1. Halloween 78
    2. Halloween 18
    3. Halloween H20
    4. Halloween 2
    5. Halloween 4
    6. Halloween 3
    7. Rob Zombie’s Halloween
    8. Halloween 6
    9. Halloween 5
    10. Rob Zombie’s Halloween 2
    11. Halloween Resurrection

I’m hoping Halloween Kills just sky rockets into that top 3.

Steve003, Uno and Andrew like this.
  4. BTG

BTG

H20
    Resurrection

I don’t suffer from Zombie’s movies and don’t rank Season of the Witch alongside the rest.

GodsAndMonsters and Andrew like this.
  5. LOVE this for you! It’s really very pretty.

Hudweiser likes this.
  6. I’m watching the original Hellraiser and wow this is bad.

tylerc904 likes this.
  7. Mine is very different from the rest of you:

H20
    Halloween 2018
    Rob Zombie 1
    Rob Zombie 2
    Resurrection

3 is up there with 1 & 2 for me but I left off as it's the Michael Myers saga.

Burzum and kermit_the_frog like this.
  8. Halloween II is very underrated in my opinion. I personally love the hospital setting, I think Michael/his mask look the most creepiest out of all the films. The cast are pretty good (including a multiracial actor who plays Mrs. Alves, which I imagine was rare for the early 80's) and there's much better acting all round than the first Halloween. We get some inventive kills too. As horror sequels go, this was pretty solid and actually one of my favourites in the franchise.

Burzum, torontodj, IndyRS and 4 others like this.
  9. I'll be sad to give my old faithful not-so-ultimate Ultimate Collection the kick though.

EDIT: They're selling for £50 on eBay. OK bye.

silkandskin likes this.
  10. Probably mostly how some releases always have an issue, the replacement discs for a handful of their stuff, the slow shipping but for the most part, I adore this label. They've given a lot of niche and underrated, underappreciated films to be released and enjoyed. Their artworks, the bonuses are always great in my opinion. Same with Criterion!

torontodj likes this.
  11. No.

12. Coming to Netflix on Wednesday

GodsAndMonsters, amtam and lushLuck like this.
  13. Watched the original Evil Dead tonight. I always forget how loud the movie is.

Burzum, ohaimanabu and Anjoel40 like this.
  14. It got better near the end but the acting was AWFUL.

15. The trailer couldn't give more 'teen slasher made by Netflix' vibes..

sesita and bonnieetclyde like this.
  16. I'm looking forward to it - the book was great.

I haven't watched a single film of any stature in weeks. Waiting for that Halloween box to arrive and then I'll bathe in some Haddonfieldian carnage.

-contemplates changing username to Huddonfield-

17. I watched it for the first time a couple weeks ago and I did not like it at all. I just don't think it's for me, rather than thinking it wasn't good, ya know? Julia was a camp, horny queen. But otherwise I was like hmmm...

Granted I really can't get into entire subsets of horror like body horror, zombie films and werewolf/vampire films. I tend to gravitate towards slasher, ghosts, psychological horror and the occasional possession.

18. My bread and butter.

Pink Frost, lushLuck and tylerc904 like this.
  19. It gets a bad rap for obvious reasons but Halloween 3 is really fun if you know Michael Meyers isn't in it. The screenplay was by Nigel Kneale and it gets pretty gonzo in parts. And that ad jingle!

Burzum, Pink Frost and Anjoel40 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.