Horror films. | Page 1413 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I absolutely adore the original Psycho, that can't be overstated. But I do get a weird sort of joy seeing Julianne Moore in full angry sis mode.

2. I always really liked Anne Heche's performance in that movie too. But the original is just a classic so it was a very weird concept to remake it shot-for-shot.

3. The Psycho remake seemed like sacrilege at the time but I have made my peace with it. Now I can enjoy it for what it is.

4. The Psycho remake is an interesting watch if you view it as an experiment and nothing more.

5. Great line from Black Christms:

Mrs Mac: "Claire Harrison's father came by to pick her up earlier."
    Jess: "Really? I'm sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to her."
    Mrs Mac: "Well, you still might."

sesita, lushLuck, tylerc904 and 8 others like this.
  6. Hellbent is quite an underrated gem you know.

7. Is this that gay slasher? I've never seen but have been curious.

P'NutButter, lushLuck and Andrew like this.
  8. It is - a little cheap, but nicely done.

9. What they do to Cropsy...
    Those kids deserve to die
    [​IMG]

Tonight's viewing, for maybe the first time in 15 years...

10. A personal favourite 'Friday The 13th' movie.

11. Watched Separation. If William Brent Bell could maybe just stop making horror movies that would be cool. The only decent thing he's done is the first The Boy but that was mainly because of the twist. The Boy 2 was the worst movie of that year and Separation was extremely boring.

amtam and Andrew like this.
  12. The Boy should not have been as fun as it was

GodsAndMonsters and Steve003 like this.
  13. Forever a moment

Hudweiser, leviz, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  14. SUCH a moment. Adore that filmz

lushLuck, Lioncourt and Anjoel40 like this.
  15. This totally took me by surprise when I first saw this. I had to pause the film and go calm down. I liked the girl in green, was sad she got sheared.

16. Girl in the orange (who I feel like is barely featured at any point in the film except for this) just laying there screaming instead of rolling into the water to hide/swim... lazy queen!

17. Me in a slasher film

18. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Staff Member

I was in the mood to watch Hereditary again, so I did.

What a fucking film. Toni Collette not drowning in statuettes after that remains a crime.

19. Separation was like a career nadir for WBB, which i know, is not saying much. And he ain’t gonna stop, his next project is Orphan 2.

GodsAndMonsters, Andrew and Steve003 like this.
  20. I just watched Prom Night and it was a lot more interesting than I remember it being. It's wild to see a slasher film with Jamie Lee Curtis and she doesn't even realize there is a killer on the loose until the last 10 minutes of the movie! I thought this was well written and I loved how they took their time before jumping into the murders. There was an extended chase scene towards the end that rivaled Sarah Michelle Gellar's death scene in I Know What You Did Last Summer. I was clutching my blanket watching that.

sesita, unnameable, tylerc904 and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.