Horror films. | Page 1422 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. "What are you getting - a gun?"
    "No... a drill."

lushLuck and Pink Frost like this.
  2. Just started the first episode.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  3. Under The Shadow received rave reviews and while I enjoyed it I’m not sure I was really in the mood for a movie that was that visceral last night. I was wound pretty tight by the end, so if you’re looking for an uncomfortable watch I’d recommend it.

IEngineered, Uno and Anjoel40 like this.
  4. Picked up "The Jack In The Box: Awakening" from ASDA earlier on a whim, and looking forward to giving it a try tonight. The cinematography actually looks like it's pretty decent for a low-budget/B-movie affair!

Synopsis: Terminally ill heiress Olga Marsdale acquires a mysterious gothic box containing a captured demon - Jack. The powerful entity within makes a deadly deal with Olga and her devoted son Edgar - deliver six victims to Jack and Olga will live. They trap several unsuspecting victims for him within the vast crumbling mansion - but can they deliver all six before it's too late? Or will Amy, the young and innocent woman recently hired to look after the estate turn out to be more than a match for both the family and the Jack?

Looks to be a similar concept to "The Advent Calendar" (which a few people discussed on here recently), with added creepy clown toys.

Steve003 likes this.
  5. I love Alanda! Her horror film reactions are so good and I loved how much she enjoyed I Still Know. As she should!

Burzum, 4Roses, TheOnlyOne and 3 others like this.
  6. She is 100% the best reactor on Youtube. Effortlessly hilarious.
    Her commentary on Billy in Scream absolutely sent me.

7. Alanda's "My freckles are in distress" about Sidney on her Scream 2 reaction still sends me.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  8. A Cujo and Pet Semetary double-bill for me tonight

Sometimes dead is better

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    lushLuck, popBrit and Anjoel40 like this.
  9. Has anyone seen Lake Of The Dead (1958) a cult horror film from Norway?

I think I want to get a copy, it looks like my kind of film, b+w photography, creepy atmosphere...

10. It's on Shudder US if you have a VPN.

johnny_tsunami likes this.
  11. Is Archive81 worth finishing? It started off so well but feels like such a chore halfway through.

it also feels like such a bait and switch with less and less focus on Dan and more on Melody who is low key annoying

12. I’m on episode 2 and I’m enjoying it so far, but I can sense it’s going to get a bit monotonous before too long.

13. Mr.Arroz

Mr.Arroz Staff Member

She's so hilarious that yes, I watched this in its entirety.

14. Gaspard Ulliel (played Hannibal in Hannibal Rising) just died in a skiing accident. He was 37. How tragic.

15. Well they don't make horrors as Camp as Lair Of The White Worm anymore
    [​IMG]

Infact, I don't think they ever did

16. Guys! I've been on a Stuart Gordon movie streak since last week, all thanks to your comments! I noticed that he is very well appreciated here and thanks to that I just found one of my new favorite horror directors!

I started with Re-Animator, an instant classic for me, batshit crazy and CAMP! Then I saw From Beyond, that somehow managed to raise the madness up to a 150%, what a masterful use of color! It gives both movies a truly distinct look. Let me tell you I turned into a Barbara Crampton stan the moment I finished these two back to back!

I continued with Castle Freak thinking I might not love this one as much, since it lacks the sci-fi elements of the previous ones, but I ended up loving it more! It totally gave me the creeps, one of the best monsters/villians I've seen! So deviant and creepy!

Finally yesterday I watched Dagon, what a ride! Sadly the movie hurts itself with the dodgy CGI, witch is expected for a 2001 movie but for all it's worth I think they kept it very low-key and only used it in key moments while also relying heavily on practical effects. The "face" scene was shocking! Delightful in the most horrible way. It gave me some strong Resident Evil 4 and Village vibes, two video games that I love! I ended up liking this one the most.

Up next comes Dreams in the Witch-House with my newest horror crush: Ezra Godden as the lead again! Let me tell you I really appreciated the beginning of Dagon just for him shirtless on a boat lol!

Obviously I have Bride and Beyond the Re-Animator in queque! I don't know how much involvement Gordon had on those, as they're directed by Brian Yuzna, IMDB tells me they worked together in a lot of other projects but no clue as to why Gordon didn't directed those.

17. @SHYGUY do not forget Dolls, oh at all
    [​IMG]

18. Funny I just saw this while checking his IMDB and thought what the actual fuck? In the most excitingly way posible! I won’t miss it! His horror catalogue is truly brilliant.

Andrew likes this.
  19. I can never see the poster for Dolls without thinking of this:
    [​IMG]

Andy French, Steve003, 4Roses and 3 others like this.
  20. Recently watched Saint Maud which I knew very little about and holy fuck. What a film.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.