Horror films. | Page 1423 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. If you're going to watch a Yuzna flick, please make it Society.

2. The nails in the shoes

still haunts me.

3. I watched my 4K of 'Deep Red' last night. It looked gorgeous. Argento films were made for UHD.

4. I love Deep Red. It’s the first giallo I saw that I finally “got” and will therefore always have a special place in my twisted heart.

5. Deep Red is Argento's best film. It is, somehow, a very effective romantic comedy and horror simultaneously. To me, it's better than Suspiria because, as brilliantly dream-like as Suspiria is, it still has some sequences that do not work at all: Such as the bat attack and the finale feeling far too brief. Deep Red is as visually gorgeous as it is narratively interesting.

I'm extremely fond of Phenomena as well, as it just keeps escalating and escalating to absolutely ridiculous heights.

6. It wouldn't be a proper giallo if there wasn't something that doesn't work. You know the director has thought he doesn't give a crap and sticks it in just because. It's why I love them so much now.

The 4K transfer is sublime. Some of it almost looks 3D. It's the perfect film for it.

Pink Frost and johnny_tsunami like this.
  7. The messier the giallo the better for me.
    The Red Queen Kills 7 Times, So Sweet So Dead, A Blade In The Dark, Seven Deaths In The Cat's Eye...
    [​IMG]
    What can I say, I love them

Pink Frost, relby and Anjoel40 like this.
  8. Not sure if already posted, looks like fun!

xOJakeXo, iRyan, Steve003 and 3 others like this.
  9. I'm alone this weekend so plan on finally catching up on some films including Candyman (2021), which unfortunately you still have to rent

wickedbruv, Andrew and wodny like this.
  10. Annabelle Comes Home put on Netflix. Lemme give her another go

[​IMG]

11. Deep Red is amazing and Argento's best film.

I watched Dead Snow 2, far better than the first one. Much funnier and better gore. Reminded me of Witching and Bitching and Braindead.

ezgif-6-8ac1ad912b.jpg

Anjoel40 likes this.
  12. The Empty Man creeped me out. So much.

Red Coat, Anjoel40 and Steve003 like this.
  13. Yes! It’s excellent, really creepy.

Pink Frost likes this.
  14. Watched Superhost on Shudder and it was surprisingly really solid. The actress playing the titular character was serving camp excellence. Michael Myers who? Jason? Give Rebecca 12 sequels please and thanks.

15. Ooooop, the film was outstanding. I can't wrap my mind around the fact that this has almost the same rating on IMDB as the worst film I've seen, also a horror and also from 2021: Old.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  16. This movie was very strange, dreamlike, surreal and creepy. Reminded me of Night Of The Living Dead , Giallo films and David Lynch. Odd that is is from the writer of Howard The Duck, 1984 Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and American Graffiti.

lf.jpg

"They're coming here. They're waiting at the edge of the city. They're peering around buildings at night, and they're waiting. They waiting for you! And they'll take you one by one and no one will hear you scream. No one will hear you SCREAM!"

The electronic music score was also really cool.

17. I loved the idea but I kinda zoned out two thirds of the way through, but there were some super creepy moments. I expected something lame like The Bye Bye Man and got something completely different.

Steve003 and johnny_tsunami like this.
  18. Has anybody seen 'The Last Thing Mary Saw'? Watched it last night and loved it. It's very bleak but extremely well done. Very unsettling atmosphere.

19. The two punch ending at the house and then the beach.

I'm still getting chills thinking about it. What a film.

As much as I 'enjoyed' it, I don't think I can ever watch it again. It's even more depressing than Black Swan and The Piano Teacher combined.

20. The beach scene was so harrowing.

Judy Jetson Hooker and Anjoel40 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.