Horror films. | Page 1460 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Watched eXistenZ last night which I enjoyed. It did an excellent job of keeping you disorientated throughout not really knowing what was going on. And of course some really great body horror in true Cronenberg style.

2. Also watched Slither which grossed me out just as much as when I first watched it, some of that movie is disgusting. Some of the humour felt a bit dated and didn’t really land but still a fun time.

4Roses and Andrew like this.
  3. The infested lady in the barn still makes me gag.

Uno, iRyan, Pink Frost and 1 other person like this.
  4. Scream and X are unlikely to be matched for me this year but I’m excited for these upcoming horrors:

Men
    Watcher
    Crimes of the Future
    Dashcam
    The Black Phone
    Nope
    Bodies Bodies Bodies
    Salem’s Lot
    Halloween Ends
    Unwelcome

There are currently 17 more horror films with cinema release dates (so far) in 2022, and only three are sequels/remakes. So the “why not make original horror instead” twitter replies need to end.

LetsGetToIt, Duppe, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  5. I really like the look of the "FIrestarter" trailer, hope this is a good King adaptation.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  6. Me too. John Carpenter doing the score (and Zach Effron) has my interest piqued. I actually really like the original film.

torontodj, Pink Frost and Steve003 like this.
  7. X was quite good, more intrigued by Pearl though.

sesita likes this.
  8. The Psychopath (1966) written by Robert Bloch and directed by Freddie Francis was quite fun, and I love creepy dolls.

20180414183715988.jpeg
    Then I watched Roger Corman's X: The Man with the X-Ray Eyes which was sci-fi with quite a lot of horror elements.

X-RayEyes_Rep.jpg

9. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Not sure how it'd go down with This Thread regulars since it's a very niche type of horror for a very niche type of person, but I've just watched We're All Going to the World's Fair and absolutely adored it. Slots very nicely alongside She Dies Tomorrow in the "<90 minute 2020 film in which a female protagonist with a naturally sorrowful expression gets embroiled in a neon-soaked nightmare world defined entirely by people's perception of it" cinematic universe.

Anjoel40 and daninternational like this.
  10. I watched it yesterday and yes it's a 'pas pour moi'

Inland Empire likes this.

11. I really wanted to like this but it didn't work for me at all. Maybe I'll give it another go at some point because a lot of people seem to love it. The one part that did get me

When she's sleeping and leans over her bed with the creepy ass smile on her face brrrrr

Inland Empire likes this.
  12. What is it she says before she bursts? Something like "I don't feel well"?

Andrew likes this.
  13. Has this been posted? More of a thriller, but I can't wait for this!

14. "Something's wrong with me."

And then right before she explodes like, "These fuckers are tearing me apaaaaaart!"

Uno likes this.
  15. If you're a fan of creepy & evil kids in movies, I saw The Innocents (no relation to the 1960's film) in theaters yesterday about a bunch of kids in a Nordic neighbourhood discovering they have supernatural abilities. As expected not every kid uses them for good & things get dark very quickly (cat lovers be warned). It was refreshing to see the unique setting & diverse cast (although its racial subtexts were a little..iffy). I think it opens next week in UK & Ireland.

wodny, Uno, girlsaloudjunkie and 2 others like this.
  16. My friend didn't love The Blob remake

[​IMG]

17. Your ex-friend

18. A friend 'gifted' me a copy of The Requin.

The shark hasn't even appeared yet and I'm hovering over coma levels of boredom.

wodny likes this.
  19. This is camp.

20. I HATE that it’s going to be PG-13, but otherwise, I truly cannot wait. It’s one of my favorite film franchises and I love that they’re going the horror route. And Missi Pyle remains an icon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.