Horror films. | Page 1462 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. A very odd 80's horror about a town called Wilson Creek, a place that families bring their kids to when they no longer want them. It was very Troll 2 as it makes very little sense and the plot is random and nonsensical.

FGVkVlNXoAY3SOo.jpg

Anjoel40 likes this.
  2. Today is my birthday and it's Friday the 13th. And this major news, coming September 13th...

[​IMG]

3. Scream 2 25th Anniversary 4k remaster WHEN, PARAMOUNT. Also happy birthday!

4. I know it’s not explicitly a horror film but I watched Scooby Doo: Camp Scare last night because I had never seen it before. It had some great horror elements to it, part 80’s summer camp slasher/part creature feature. Ultimately it suffers from being too slapstick (kids movie after all) but if anyone else started out watching the horror genre through Scooby Doo this may be a fun 60 minute watch for you.

Uno and thommyh like this.

5. I don't normally watch Asian horror films, but a friend invited me over to watch this. Has anybody else seen it? It was so much more graphic than I expected. The gore is so extreme and I didn't know that you could have nudity and mention gay themes in these films. I'm not sure what to think or how I feel about it. I feel like it was good, but it was a lot to take in.

Andrew likes this.
  6. Well the new Firestarter sure was a waste of everyone's time including mine.

7. You comitted a sacrifice for us

Uno, lushLuck, Steve003 and 1 other person like this.

8. I truly did. Not one memorable fire scene? Come on Jason Blum loosen up your purse I know those Halloween movies made bank. Even the original is better.

[​IMG]

A tedious hour and a half.

lushLuck and Andrew like this.
  9. Not even a shirtless Efron?

[​IMG]

lushLuck, Steve003 and Andrew like this.
  10. Genuinely disappointed to hear this, as the trailer looked so good.

Steve003 likes this.
  11. Watched Eight For Silver the other day (or The Cursed, as it's apparently called now... but I definitely prefer the other title). It was a bit overlong and not particulary scary, but I liked the atmosphere. Plotwise, it was very different from what I had anticipated, so that was nice! It was also surprisingly gory - especially in the first half.

The werewolf's design and lore was different from what I'm used to, which made the movie feel more original and also made me doubt if this actually is a werewolf-movie.

It could've used some more kills and a tighter pace in the 2nd half, but overall I thought it was quite alright. While it doesn't top Late Phases as my favorite lower-budget werewolf-movie, I would definitely watch it again sometime.

Pink Frost likes this.
  12. The Thing is perfect Sunday afternoon goodness. I still gag when the doctor's arms get chomped off.

Pink Frost and Andrew like this.
  13. Perfect, I have tickets to go see it on Thursday

[​IMG]

wodny, lushLuck and Steve003 like this.
  14. I watched The Sadness this evening...

It's great, and completely ott, and gory and yeah very depraved.

Steve003 and LetsGetToIt like this.
  15. Doing the 90's Body Snatchers for the first time since maybe the 90's... I hope Meg Tilly is still iconic to my mind.

Anjoel40 and Steve003 like this.
  16. I watched Event Horizon for the first time last night. It was probably one of the creepiest films I’ve watched in a long time. There aren’t enough good space horror movies.

Anjoel40, Steve003, thommyh and 2 others like this.
  17. Weird you mention space horror, somebody I work with randomly observed that my last name is Hudson and another colleague's is Hicks, and is now spamming us with Aliens memes all damn day.

18. I enjoy Event Horizon, but it feels butchered

Duppe likes this.
  19. I love Event Horizon. It's genuinely creepy. I saw it at the cinema on the day that Princess Diana died, so I was in a sullen moon anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.