Horror films. | Page 1463 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Just saw The Dark and the Wicked and lordy lord that was a bleak watch. Very effective though, if a little slow at times. I still have no idea what the fuck happened, but I’m never going to rural Texas ever again.

Anjoel40, johnny_tsunami and Andrew like this.

2. Everyone please let this seller know we are INTERESTED.

torontodj, lushLuck, 4Roses and 2 others like this.
  3. Definately one of the best horrors of the decade so far

3:16am and Anjoel40 like this.
  4. Keep an eye out for the subliminal images in this one.

3:16am, Anjoel40 and Andrew like this.
  5. Spree was just ok. Joe Keery does a great job of portraying a psychopath but I’m not sure if I was particularly entertained throughout.

6. I enjoyed 'Firestarter' more than I thought I was going to based on the reviews. I prefer the original but was entertained throughout. My main complaints were the lack of tension. The Carpenter score was great but it leant itself to a far more tensive film than we got. Charlie's powers too were a bit 'matter of fact', no build up to them. The original with Drew did a much better job, they have a sense of horror and dread about them. The new one she just feels more like one of the X-Men.

7. Just got back from seeing A24's "Men". I'm gonna need someone to explain it cause it didn't work for me. Or maybe I'm looking for a deeper meaning that just wasn't there?

lushLuck likes this.
  8. I tried the Argento Cut of 'Dawn of the Dead' yesterday. I didn't think much of it at all. Has anyone else seen it, it's on Prime along with two other versions of the movie? I think I should have just stuck to the original...

9. I like the extended cut but have never watched the Argento one. I will one day but love the Romero one so much I have never felt the need to.

10. It's on prime? I bought a DVD of this because I couldn't find it! But my DVD has the theatrical version. I hadn't seen it in years, but it holds up so well. Of course the makeup is dated, but the level of suspense they built was frightening. I also like that we got to see the struggle of them living in the mall, unlike the remake where it seemed pretty easy to get things under control.

Andrew likes this.
  11. UK Prime has all three cuts. The Directors/Extended for me, everytime.
    What a masterpiece
    [​IMG]

Anjoel40 likes this.
  12. The Thing (2011) is once again a reminder that practical effects are superior to VFX. What a mess.

Duppe, johnny_tsunami, Uno and 2 others like this.
  13. Uno

Uno

Men was meh.

lushLuck and DirtyKnees like this.
  14. I haven’t seen/heard a single positive thing about Men. Devastating, honestly.

johnoclock likes this.
  15. Guess what Hens
    [​IMG]

Steve003 likes this.
  16. Yesterday, I watched 'The Descent' for the first time. It reminded me of All Saints' "Pure Shores" video, but in caves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lisa Rinna was great.

[​IMG]

It also reminded me of the (superior) 'As Above, So Below'.

17. [​IMG]

The Descent is a masterpiece

18. BTG

BTG

I heard there was As Above, So Below discourse and came running CC: @johnny_tsunami

johnny_tsunami and New Flame like this.
  19. The protagonists of 'The Descent' are better, yes. But the Crawlers are a boot, while these are a shoot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the lighting and camera work made it hard to see what was happening in 'The Descent'.

[​IMG]

P'NutButter and johnny_tsunami like this.
  20. I really dislike Alex Garland. I actively hated Devs and his work in general leaves me cold, not in the Kubrick cerebral/removed way, just tedious and uninteresting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.