Horror films. | Page 1487 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Snap! It scarred me so much as a child, I could never go on one, ever

ohaimanabu, lushLuck and pookiebots like this.
  2. I did learn fairly recently that Great White sharks do enter the Mediterranean, where I've been casually wakeboarding for several years, these scenes always in the back of my mind. When is Brucetta gonna chomp my ass while I'm waiting for the ski boat to shift?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2022
    ohaimanabu and Andrew like this.

3. Excellent trailer

4. This looks great.

silkandskin and johnny_tsunami like this.
  5. I need to re-watch X before it comes out, I can imagine it'll have lots of interesting little tie-ins.

thommyh, amtam, silkandskin and 3 others like this.
  6. Mia Goth is so iconic.

7. I honestly had no idea Mia Goth played da old lady until the end of the movie. I avoided spoilers for X like the plague and I ALWAYS spoil movies for myself, so I'm so glad that I did! Tilda Swinton in Suspiria found out-old'ed.

Chris Lala, blissteria, Edu and 10 others like this.
  8. Yeah, finding out Mia also played Pearl was such a fantastic credits surprise.

The new trailer looks fantastic and love that we’re getting a prequel to the year’s best movie in the same year. What a treat.

9. I watched Crimes of The Future (2022) last night, it has some great atmosphere and interesting ideas but ultimately I felt it went absolutely nowhere. I preferred eXistenZ.

Anjoel40 and Edu like this.
  10. Pearl looks amazing and it’s looks like it’ll be another Mia Goth performance for the ages. I think she’s incapable of a bad performance, her Sara in Suspiria still haunts me.

Cool that she co-wrote it with Ti too!

lushLuck likes this.
  11. I always felt like eXistenZ was a self parody of his 80's films.

12. For me, Cronenberg movies are generally a bit like this. Wonderful ideas and usually well executed but they don't always come together with a nice beginning, middle and end, which leaves me a bit unfulfilled. I suppose he wants audiences to think, but reckon it's a bit lazy.

Duppe likes this.
  13. I rewatched Drag Me to Hell the other night and didn’t like it as much as I remembered. I wasn’t into the gross-out bits and the solution to the curse felt like a cop out but the ending made up for that dd.

14. Well I loved Last Night in Soho, the two leads gave fantastic performances. I will say I preferred the first half/dream sequences more than the last 25-30 minutes that got a little too ‘ghost-heavy’ for my liking but all in all I really enjoyed it.

lushLuck, Pink Frost and P'NutButter like this.
  15. Dead Snow is hilarious and I'm so fucking happy (I just discovered) they made a sequel.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  16. Extras for the 4K The Fog Scream Factory Release

[​IMG]

DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• 4K Restoration By Studio Canal
    • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
    • NEW Restored Original Mono Track
    • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
    • Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill
    • Audio Commentary With Actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, And production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace
    • Retribution: Uncovering John Carpenter’s The Fog
    • The Shape of Things to Come: John Carpenter Unfilmed
    • Introduction by John Carpenter
    • Scene Analysis by John Carpenter
    DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• 4K Restoration By Studio Canal
    • NEW Dolby Atmos Track
    • NEW Restored Original Mono Track
    • DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
    • DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0
    • Audio Commentary With Writer/Director John Carpenter And Writer/Producer Debra Hill
    • Audio Commentary With Actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, And production Designer Tommy Lee Wallace
    • My Time With Terror – An Interview With Actress Jamie Lee Curtis
    • Dean Of Darkness – An Interview With cinematographer Dean Cundey
    • Tales From The Mist: Inside The Fog
    • Fear On Film: Inside The Fog
    • The Fog: Storyboard To Film
    • Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look At The Film’s Original Locations
    • Outtakes
    • Special Effects Tests
    • Teaser Trailers/Theatrical Trailer
    • Trailers From Hell – Filmmaker Mick Garris on The Fog
    • TV Spots
    • Photo Gallery
    • Storyboards
    https://bloody-disgusting.com/home-...nced-for-scream-factorys-4k-ultra-hd-release/

17. 'Phantom Of The Mall : Eric's Revenge', despite it's crap title, is rather fun 80s slasher. I think I may have seen it in the early 90s, but didn't remember it. It's deliciously 80s and great fun. We didn't get much worthwhile in the late 80s slasherwise, apart from the brilliant 'The Intruder', so this stands out.

The_Rani and Hudweiser like this.
  18. I liked this one; John Travolta’s cousin from one of the Friday sequels gets a part, Pauly Shore, Rob Estes and Morgan Fairchild in that camptastic glitter dress!

Andrew, The_Rani and Anjoel40 like this.
  19. I didn't like the first film - but I loved the sequel. Much funnier.

ezgif-3-d0b3309dd1.jpg

20. I have only seen the first one and quite liked it. These came out around the time we were swamped with Zombie films, so I started avoiding them. Will give the sequel a go.

Pink Frost and johnny_tsunami like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.