Horror films. | Page 1490 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. WAIT… eight discs?? How?

2. BTG

BTG

I’m assuming one 4K disc per movie (Curse, Curse: P Cut, H20 and Resurrection) and then a Blu-ray disc with special features for each also.

ohaimanabu and Anjoel40 like this.
  3. As much as I want Halloween: The Way of Water in 4K......

[​IMG]

Andrew and Leader Beans like this.
  4. The Deep House was pretty claustrophobic and the haunted house underwater was an interesting change, but I just don’t think I find found footage movies entertaining anymore. The method just limits everything so much that once you’ve seen a handful of them you’ve seen them all.

5. Watched Jamie Blanks's Storm Warning. A bit to nasty for my basic ass who prefers the slickness of his Urban Legend and Valentine yet overall was a good watch with some great gore.

6. Finally saw Race With The Devil last night. A bit rough round the edges a’la The Hills Have Eyes but still a very creepy paranoid little thriller. The scene with the accident chilled my blood.

Andrew and Anjoel40 like this.
  7. This has been on my must-watch list for years

9. It's getting a cinema release in the UK
    [​IMG]

10. Yeah it was gripping at first then ventured into very MEHH territory. I can't believe it got praises.

Duppe and johnny_tsunami like this.
  11. OMG Kween Esther is coming tomorrow onwards in my city.

FUCK, lemme get them tickets!

[​IMG]

12. Prey is awesome.

13. Yeah Prey is a pretty great survival film, beautiful cinematography too. I could have done without the couple of bits of comic relief, didn’t feel that they were necessary, but a fun Friday evening watch.

14. Prey was a super fun popcorn movie with a few very memorable scenes, and stunning production design and cinematography. Worth a watch, though I'm hardly an expert on the series.

Duppe, ohaimanabu and lushLuck like this.
  15. Prey was excellent. A real homage to the original. Simple but very satisfying.

lushLuck, johnoclock and ohaimanabu like this.
  16. Prey was really good! Much better than I had anticipated. I've seen people complain about the CGI, but I thought it only stood out in a negative way at one point. It's not overloaded with CGI anyway, and there are some practical effects as well. Being set in the 1700s and having a Native American character in the lead was really refreshing and worked to the movie's advantage. All complains about the character being a woman are invalid... Honestly, she could hold her own!

It's not flawless. I found the dialogue to be a bit clunky at times (not many though). And I also have questions about a very important plot-point and how that actually would work.

Not as good as the first Predator, maybe on par with the second (or slightly better/worse), but definitely better than the others. I'd watch it again!

lushLuck and Duppe like this.
  17. I guess I’ll watch Prey tonight since I haven’t seen it!

roblognick, Duppe and Andrew like this.
  18. Prey was fantastic. Charismatic protagonist, tight, focused concept, fast paced and brutal. I wouldn't say I'm a fan of the Predator franchise but this was an excellent little thriller.

19. Watched The Black Phone tonight. Was cute, but essentially a rehash of Sinister with the same cast.

Stewart, Steve003 and ohaimanabu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.