Horror films. | Page 1495 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Why did they decide to make another Orphan film after so many years? I wonder if there will be more planned after the second one?

2. Having a thousand god-awful Saw films has tainted what is an actually really good first movie, for me. I still find it scary (Adam's flat scene in the dark with only his camera flash still gives me heart palpitations), eerie and impactful, and as contrived as the plot twist is it's still a classic.

A 10th movie though, especially as terrible as Jigsaw and Spiral were... there's nowhere interesting for this franchise to go anymore.

Andy French, P'NutButter and Andrew like this.
  3. So glad 'Orphan: First Kill' is coming to UK cinemas this week, although I am going to see 'Nope' this weekend, especially after the reviews here. It sounds like a cinema experience.

Pink Frost, lushLuck and Andrew like this.
  4. (I've never seen Predator either)

P'NutButter likes this.
  5. I enjoyed the first 3 but after that I didn't bother.

sesita, 4Roses and Andrew like this.
  6. Amanda WAS Saw.

[​IMG]

7. I don’t like them either. Gave up after the second one.

8. The first Saw was a lighting in a bottle moment but I can't understand why they decided to make it a yearly thing, of course the quality would go down. Actually I do understand: money.

9. Anything after SAW 3 is not worth watching, it had just completely lost steam by that point.

Also, is Orphan: First Kill out on Paramount+ in the UK on Friday or is it just America?

10. The Saw aesthetic is so ugly and cheap. Not to mention that annoying ass editing.

Mr Blonde, thommyh, Burzum and 7 others like this.
  11. Blergh, I really didn’t like Nope. I was so excited for it. Keke was great and the finale was good, but I found it incredibly slow. Everything took an age to happen.

12. Yes that is one of the main reasons, the early films look so digital and garish.

I watched Wacko, an early horror comedy spoof. It was light fun.

MV5BMzRlYzE3YTMtNjE4MS00ZDU3LTk3OWItMDZiZGQwODVkNGJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

And The Medusa Touch, very 70's. I like the telekinesis movies that were so popular at the time. It was really good but the direction (lots of flashback scenes) was a little old fashioned.

MV5BMmViNDA2YzYtZDE3Mi00OTY4.jpg

Anjoel40 and Steve003 like this.
  13. Just saw Bodies Bodies Bodies and loved it. I'm always here for a good horror/thriller-comedy and this one struck the perfect balance for me. Like @lushLuck mentioned it wasn't scary, but often genuinely very tense, to the point my heart was racing. Easily one of my favorite films of the year. I kind of saw the ending coming, but thought it was perfectly fitting and probably wouldn't have it any other way.

lushLuck likes this.
  14. Love this film. Very much part of those big 70s religious/superstitious horrors. Richard Burton is very intense anyway and it's used to perfection in this.

Pink Frost likes this.
  15. I saw The Medusa Touch around 10 years ago, and some scenes genuinely shocked me. Two scenes in particular still won't leave my mind.

Pink Frost, ohaimanabu and Anjoel40 like this.
  16. BTG

BTG

Girls, the endless applause for Julia Stiles in Orphan: First Kill is too much for me. I’m screaming that she might get a career renaissance out of this. What an icon.

17. Just watched the first episode of Red Rose (BBC3) and it's a hit already

18. Saw 'Nope' and it was good but I didn't love it and I don't feel the need to watch it again.

lushLuck likes this.
  19. I cannot wait for O2phan. I know Esther is going to serve us another iconic twist.

Ready for Paul Rudd to play her 50 year-old brother pretending to be 12 for the threequel.

20. Esther - Summer Renaissance, coming to tear the wigs from all who ever lived.

lushLuck, Steve003, Andrew and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.