Horror films. | Page 1506 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. It seems it is not gonna be available here in Poland. It sucks.

Tchelitchew likes this.
  2. Sadly, I don't think this will ever happen, as I think Anna and Regina both mentioned that they didn't want to be typecast in Scary Movie anymore.

3. I want to do exactly this but there's no release date of ny kind here in the Netherlands so by the time I'm finally able to watch it I'll have had to dodge weeks or months of spoilers. (Crying emoji)

Tchelitchew and wodny like this.
  4. If the Wayans Brothers return along with Anna Faris and Regina Hall I'd be all for it. If it's those watered down messes that were 3-5, then nope. But I am sad we haven't gotten a new one. It's funny because Scary Movie 2 was considered a flop initially and led to the Wayans leaving, but it's become such a cult classic and it's constantly all over social media. I'd love to see what they'd bring to a new one.

tastic, Aiden, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  5. Even the shittiest of underwater menace films make me feel uneasy... tonight it's Great White's turn

6. It’s a pretty bad one, poor Katrina Bowden’s career has taken a pretty steep nosedive.

Andrew likes this.
  7. Nooo I mean this trashtastic one

I couldn't possibly sit through modern day shit horror

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
    Hudweiser, Anjoel40 and Duppe like this.
  8. Yes, this is trashy fun. The recent one though, is like having teeth pulled.

Andrew likes this.
  9. I cannot wait to see Barbarian and Pearl. Sounds like neither will disappoint! It’s officially spooky season y’all!

10. Girls that were punished to sat at a boarding school during Spring Break have no idea the school is haunted by the restless spirit of a former student seeking revenge.

I loved this 1968 horror film Even The Wind Is Afraid from Mexico! Not much violence or gore, but very atmospheric and well directed.

MV5BMTE4MjI2MmEt.jpg

wodny, Andrew and SHYGUY like this.
  11. 'Speak No Evil' was excellent. Very disturbing and completely awkward. Over politeness some people in society have is used to be remarkable affect in this. As a Brit I can relate. Their decisions will frustrate most viewers, to the point where is seems they are only acting that way to push the narrative. It's extremely sad but feeling pathetic and lost can be easily be manipulated. It's not for everyone. If you can leave the 'well I don't believe they would do that' mindset and fully immerse yourself in the experience, you should enjoy. It's not an easy one though.

IEngineered, Pink Frost and Andrew like this.
  12. Watched It Follows last night (I’ve been catching up with horror movies from the past decade dd). I can’t remember the last time a horror movie managed to be spooky like this. Maybe The Strangers and Sinister gave me similar vibes. Minimal gore or blood, just great atmosphere and some creepy scenes. If anyone has similar films to recommend I’m all ears!

13. I love this dumpster fire of a movie - the styrofoam shark looking like a giant bath toy anytime it appears.

Anjoel40 likes this.
  14. It Follows is a 5/5

15. The first 45 minutes is soooooo slow (only two people get eaten), but then it doesn't stop. Utter madness, they could make a whole film from the scenes of the crowd trapped on a floating away pier.
    Wonderful in the end

Anjoel40 and Hudweiser like this.
  16. Watched House of Darkness and really liked it. Justin Long and Kate Bosworth were terrific as was the dialogue. Won't be for everyone as it's a very simple movie though.

17. I'm late (as per) but the kids in costumes were the scariest and best part of NOPE for me, oh and the inflatable winking cowboy getting squeezed into the toilet roll alien's gullet.

Future Lover likes this.
  18. 01.jpg

scream-professional.gif

This was really fun.

boombazookajoe, Uno and lushLuck like this.
  19. Yeah, I really enjoyed Bodies Bodies Bodies. It felt a lot of fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.