Horror films. | Page 1517 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I watched Butterfly Kisses last night after seeing it mentioned here and it's pretty impressive. Definitely creepy in parts and the folklore is fun, but it's mostly fascinating for how it portrays the deludanoid who inherits the found footage. The scene at the radio station where people are calling in to drag his film is its own genre of horror.

P'NutButter and johnny_tsunami like this.
  2. Love this one. I highly recommend that you check out The Lost Footage of Leah Sullivan next, if you liked that one.

Andrew and Leader Beans like this.
  3. Finally watching Night School for the first time.
    Pros - The budget of it all for a 1981 slasher, the gialli looking killer, the predatory lesbian headmistress, Leonard Mann being hot and the turtle nibbling on the submerged head,

but, they couldn't afford one decent beheading effect on camera, the killer transports themselves, why did they put hair in the stew, there isn't a decent chase scene and most of all, Rachel Ward gives off "smell the fart" level of acting vibes.
    [​IMG]
    Quite enjoyable though a little pedestrian, why it was banned I'll never know

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    Pink Frost, tylerc and Anjoel40 like this.
  4. I file this alongside Jan de Bont's The Haunting--a movie I know I should hate, but I just can't.

Pink Frost and johnny_tsunami like this.
  5. It does suffer a little bit from being too 80s detective show but it's fun none the less.

Andrew likes this.
  6. Night School needed a little more energy but I enjoy it. The lead is not strong enough overall.

Andrew likes this.
  7. Funny, I watched this for the first time tonight and had an absolute blast with it. The scene where they realised they were barricaded into the theatre & the collective group meltdown when they discovered the secret room behind the wall had me screaming. The entire motorbike sequence & the ending were hysterical too, so much fun.

Karvel, Andrew and johnny_tsunami like this.
  8. My Best Friend's Exorcism was cute.....Elsie Fisher was the weak link yet again.

wodny, SHYGUY and Anjoel40 like this.
  9. Reviews are starting to come in for Hellraiser and my body is ready for the sights they have to show me.

Aiden, aux, johnny_tsunami and 3 others like this.
  10. Yes, this was very cute. I was never a fan of 'Jennifer's Body', but this hit the right notes.

IEngineered likes this.
  11. Oh I hated My Best Friend’s Exorcism after the great trailer left me with pretty high expectations. The tone was all over the place and I just don’t feel like it knew what it wanted to be at any point. I never laughed and I was never scared; I’m not sure what I was supposed to feel.

12. I'm getting horror vibes from this

13. Roey_says likes this.
  14. I love his Top Fives. Candyman is the rightful winner, what a dish.

Hudweiser likes this.
  15. Darn tootin'! His voice alone could probably rumble me over the edge.

Roey_says likes this.
  16. Netflix put all of the FD movies and last night i powered through 4 and 5. 4, i always found as shit but oh boy, 5 has aged out quite badly. The main guy and most of the cast can not act and every line of dialoge these cliche characters brought so many cringe on me.

"This is Candiace, she is the girlfriend of this budget Tom Cruise guy we found on the street and SHE REALLY LIKES GYMNASTICS"

"This is the chauvinist pig. Every line has to feed that image"

Just give it up deelishis.

At least the deaths were kind of cool, especially the first "non premonition" one on the fifth. I will watch the first three but they were more high caliber than these last two for sure. Mary Elizabeth carrying the third one on her own. Icon.

Duppe likes this.
  17. I'm planning a rewatch of Come True before this Halloween, even if it didn't stick the landing with that ending. I'm just a sucker for that eerie, nostalgic, 80s-leaning ambience and the soundtrack (by Pilotpriest and Electric Youth of "A Real Hero"/Drive fame) absolutely slaps - I still listen to "Lost Girl", "Forgiven", etc. on a regular basis.

18. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

Yes!!! Forgiven is one of my favourite pieces of film score of all time, absolutely immaculate vibes.

eddy2375 likes this.
  19. Slaxx was better than it had any right to be. What a fun ride that never overstays it’s welcome.

Andrew likes this.
  20. A lot of fun

Duppe likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.