Horror films

Re-watched Escape Room: Tournament of Champions. Dumb fun. Still have only seen the Extended Cut. Crazy to me that the theatrical cut completely cut out queen Isabelle Fuhrman's scenes. I don't even know how that would work but might check out the Theatrical cut out of curiosity.

Re-watched Escape Room: Tournament of Champions. Dumb fun. Still have only seen the Extended Cut. Crazy to me that the theatrical cut completely cut out queen Isabelle Fuhrman's scenes. I don't even know how that would work but might check out the Theatrical cut out of curiosity.
Not only did they cut her out, there’s a whole other plot line that circles back to the original. It’s crazy!

Continued my 90’s watches with Relic (1997) tonight. I kind of can’t believe that I’ve never seen this before. It started off a bit slow but once it got going it was a complete blast. The fact the creature was decapitating people left, right & centre? Brutal! It somewhat felt like an extended version of a Buffy episode.

Are there any other creature features (beyond the obvious) that the girlies would recommend? Because I had so much fun with this one.

He/They
Are there any other creature features (beyond the obvious) that the girlies would recommend? Because I had so much fun with this one.
Some of my favs...
The Blob (1988), The Mist, The Descent, Attack The Block, Colours Out Of Space, and Prophecy (1979)
prophecy-horror.gif

Continued my 90’s watches with Relic (1997) tonight. I kind of can’t believe that I’ve never seen this before. It started off a bit slow but once it got going it was a complete blast. The fact the creature was decapitating people left, right & centre? Brutal! It somewhat felt like an extended version of a Buffy episode.

Mimic is quite a fun watch.

Peter Hyams is one of my favorite directors, so I've seen The Relic way more times than I care to admit. Heck, I think it's about time for a re-watch.

As for recommendations - Deep Rising. It may not hold up that well (it's been a while since I saw it), but it doesn't take itself particulary seriously and I remember having fun with it. Also, Treat Williams passed away recently, so I feel I have to recommend it as he was one of my favorite actors growing up. And while we're talking about Treat Williams - Dead Heat is also a lot of fun!

Speaking of creature features it kinda goes without saying but Tremors is absolutely one of the best. It holds up so well. Fun characters, clever dialogue, perfectly paced and the effects are flawless. Plus Reba Mcentire SLAYING! We love to see it!

tumblr_o3yktkTxhF1un7uhro9_250.gif

A perfect film for what it is. Also the second one might be the best direct to video movie ever? It's really solid.

I had to watch The Descent in two sittings as I got too stressed out halfway through it ..watched the rest the next evening. Brilliant film though

One of my favourite horror films, just so well paced with great, clever jump scares. You really don't see most coming.

Dog Soldiers is also great to watch if you haven't seen it. Done by the same director. The gag reel is also fun to watch.

As for recommendations - Deep Rising. It may not hold up that well (it's been a while since I saw it), but it doesn't take itself particulary seriously and I remember having fun with it. Also, Treat Williams passed away recently, so I feel I have to recommend it as he was one of my favorite actors growing up. And while we're talking about Treat Williams - Dead Heat is also a lot of fun!
Yes, I really like Deep Rising too. It's not aged that well but I still find it great fun. Had a big crush on Treat as a teenager, sad he's gone.

Speaking of creature features it kinda goes without saying but Tremors is absolutely one of the best. It holds up so well. Fun characters, clever dialogue, perfectly paced and the effects are flawless. Plus Reba Mcentire SLAYING! We love to see it!

tumblr_o3yktkTxhF1un7uhro9_250.gif

A perfect film for what it is. Also the second one might be the best direct to video movie ever? It's really solid.

Tremors is one of my favorites and the second one is great fun too. I think the second one was supposed to be released on the big screen, but the studio changed its mind, so it went straight to video. Shame, because it really is a worthy sequel! I mean...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I can also tolerate parts 3-5, but 6-7 are dreadful.

Thank you for the recommendations, I’ve never seen Colours Out of Space, Prophecy or Dead Heat before so I’ve got those added to my list.

I haven’t seen Tremors since I was about 9 myself so time for a rewatch!

Mimic is a fun one, The Descent is one of the best horror movies of all time to be honest.

From memory, the theatrical version is just the characters going from escape room to room and the last 10 to 15 minutes are completely different.