Horror films

I remember my friend and I got into a huge fight and didn't speak for months because he went to see The Relic which opened the same week as Evita, and I was angry at him for supporting the film that prevented Madonna from having the #1 film.

Popjustice...

uJzFPX.gif

Saw the found footage movie Leaving D.C. earlier, and it was quite a good watch. I like how it makes you question the main character's mental state at times and also the ending did give me the creeps.

Oh geez Insidous 5's script was its biggest offender, like the writers just chatgpt'ed it and made it as it was. They really dropped the ball not hiring Leigh Whannell, and instead had some dude who last penned..the Firestarter remake. The best part had to be..once the end credits started rolling. No seriously. Turns out Daddy Patrick joined Ghost for a rendition of Stay which plays during the end credits, and its a bawp:

Oh geez Insidous 5's script was its biggest offender, like the writers just chatgpt'ed it and made it as it was. They really dropped the ball not hiring Leigh Whannell, and instead had some dude who last penned..the Firestarter remake. The best part had to be..once the end credits started rolling. No seriously. Turns out Daddy Patrick joined Ghost for a rendition of Stay which plays during the end credits, and its a bawp:

I actually enjoyed the film but I agree with you on Stay.

She/Her
Not the Australian chanteuse's iconic bop SHINE making an appearance - I could not believe it!

Ari Aster is one of us confirmedttt.

Last edited:
It's the 3 hour length that puts me off. I tend to watch these films when my other half has gone to bed. Despite my willingness to try, i am lucky if I can make a 90 minute film. I like to give these devise films a try, it's where have found my favourites from the last few years.

She/Her
It's the 3 hour length that puts me off. I tend to watch these films when my other half has gone to bed. Despite my willingness to try, i am lucky if I can make a 90 minute film. I like to give these devise films a try, it's where have found my favourites from the last few years.
I find it if the 3 hours is grating - just watch it in two parts. But some films don't even feel like it's 3 hours. This one does feel like it.

Last edited:
She/Her
What the fuck was that third act. Since this flopped on its arse I hope Ari makes a straight forward horror film next.

I mean good for you honey that you got your mommy and existential issues out of your system.

That Parker Posey scene did make me scream though. I can’t believe I watched all of that.

From memory, the theatrical version is just the characters going from escape room to room and the last 10 to 15 minutes are completely different.

There’s also a different prologue that links to the different ending - plus the return of Deborah Ann Woll in a plotline that makes almost zero sense!

I saw the “Extended Cut” first and much preferred that, I have to say.

Also, why do I feel like both have different outcomes (as in, how the hell would a Part 3 be made without confusing the audience!?)

I watched Tremors last night after the discussion in here a couple of days ago and am honestly shocked at how good it was. I remember loving it as a child but it’s quality was head & shoulders above what I was expecting. The music during the pole vault scene had me howling, what a strange choice.

She/Her
Hmmm, Its alright.
I don't need to watch it again though.
I thought Claire Denis did it better with kinda the same story in Trouble Everyday.

And yeah alright would be the word for it and it's one of those films that ran too long once again.