Horror films

So I finally watched The Exorcist ll in full. I don't think I completely despised it? I liked how visually different it was to the first. The final set piece looks expensive and I kind of liked to see how Regan was dealing with life after the events of the first. Still some stuff was very silly. I guess anything looks better after watching The Beginning and Believer.

V/H/S 85 was sorta, kinda, fucking terrible.

Stylistically I loved it and the overall feel was right up my street, but none of the segments were memorable at all. The Rory one was the most interesting and TKNOGD had potential but as a whole it was a let down. I keep seeing people praising the Dreamkill one but for me that was the most ridiculously bad one, a VHS recorder that can record your premonitions? This ain't fucking Goosebumps !!!!

Mother! Never saw it. Never spoiled it for myself. Thinking about it. I have always gotten the impression that something about the film gives off this unique brand of frustration and anger and kii but painful, which I can't say I've ever witnessed before.
I absolutely loved Mother! on my first viewing, I was completely mesmerized by what I was witnessing and it really left a strong impression on me, it's anxiety inducing in the best possible way. I wish I could watch it for the first time again!

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was on TV yesterday and I got hooked. It really is an effective sequel.

Kristen's mother having no time for her daughter's nightmares, suicide attempts, trauma, or questions from psychiatrists, and blasting Theresa for not responding RIGHT AWAY. Queen.

The sequels are NEVER on UK television and it irritates me - original (1984) and horrible remake? Yes.

2+ (not unless you rent from Amazon Prime)

Bleak.

I can't explain it but the remake doesn't bother me at all. It's just... there. A couple of good ideas in there and the opening scene was good. The characters were a bust though, so lifeless.

Jeepers Creepers remains such an impressively creepy ride. Trish is the very definition of cunt as well.

Slaughter High is so bad I always forget. Some of the worst acting I've ever seen, and I own Don't Go In the Woods! I think I want to squeeze in some Nightmare sequels this week... definitely 3 and 4 anyway.

They jumped straight from 1 to 3 yesterday on AMC.

The homophobia!!!

nightmare-on-elm-street-2-gif-2.gif

he/him
Dark Harvest was a bit of a flop for me. The gory action was fun and lead actor was great, but the plot was so thin and the lore of the creature so bland. Definitely could have done more with the premise.

Dark Harvest was a bit of a flop for me. The gory action was fun and lead actor was great, but the plot was so thin and the lore of the creature so bland. Definitely could have done more with the premise.

My third favorite movie of the year ddd

The new season of Creepshow is out!
So I'm a couple episodes in, and I'm enjoying it so far. Was nice to see a mini Mike Flanagan cast reunion in "Twenty Minutes with Cassandra." Samantha Sloyan always knocks it out of the park. More like Samantha Slayan!

So far nothing compares to the utter brilliance that is the first season's "The House of the Head." That was some unnerving television.