Horror films

Had completely forgotten Ray Liotta was gone. Renewed shock and sadness.

What happened to Madeline Stowe? She was in every movie at that time.

Ray Liotta is much missed. I was thrifting today and saw the soundtrack to Corrina, Corrina and really wish that movie would get released on Blu Ray. It's such a treasure, and it was nice to see Liotta play a non-psycho.

Madeline Stowe took time off to raise her daughter. I was shocked to see she hasn't done a feature film since 2003. Thankfully television has taken advantage of her talent as she was absolutely brilliant in the TV series Revenge.

Feeling like a flop because I didn’t really like The Wailing much. Maybe I went in with too high expectations because I’ve literally only ever seen glowing praise for it. The length didn’t even necessarily bother me but it just felt like there wasn’t enough story to warrant a 2h36m runtime. It felt very stretched and padded out. And the fact it was that long and still left intentionally ambiguous… werk honestly.
What about it was ambiguous? I felt like they wrapped it up pretty nicely while leaving some stuff open ended but with a pretty clear path with minimal thought if necessary.

he/him
What about it was ambiguous? I felt like they wrapped it up pretty nicely while leaving some stuff open ended but with a pretty clear path with minimal thought if necessary.
Oh I was just referring to how the director deleted part of the ending to keep things open to interpretation, even though there is a definitive explanation. I read about 3 different plot theories on Reddit afterwards so I guess it worked nn.

Thanksgiving did not have the "fun" or "creative kills" some people were going on about. If it was meant to be some kind of homage to some of the better 90s horror, it wasn't. The sequence leading up to the title card was probably the worst part of the whole film.

They intended it to be in keeping with early 80s slasher films, hence the kind of dopey calendar-holiday-of-death setup, a love triangle right out of My Bloody Valentine, the apparent lack of awareness of slasher films on behalf of the teen contingent.

It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely a lot of fun. The chase scenes alone were worth entry.

Re-watched Hellraiser 4 : Bloodline for the first time since I originally saw it upon release. I really disliked it then but re-visiting again now, it's not that bad. I might be giving it higher acclaim now I know that just about every other sequel after just got worse. The recent reboot certainly improved things and hopefully they won't fuck it up if they continue it (I think there's a TV series at least). The premise is crap but there's a lot of Pinhead and it doesn't stray too far away from it's lore.

Last edited:
Ooooh Black Christmas 2006, P2, To All A Goodnight & The Children on Shudder US today (UK One, we get fuck all classics). It's mainly all Christmas horrors for me until the big day.

Last edited:
To All a Goodnight is so fucking weird.

taog4.jpg