Horror films

While it’s nowhere near as much campy fun as the 2003 film, I thought Wrong Turn 2021 was worthwhile for a one time watch. The more serious tone was a welcomed change and I liked the change up of how the killers were depicted, and how they interacted with the setting. In fact I thought the Appalachian Mountains were all around utilised more effectively in this movie than the original. But on the other hand, it was extremely predictable & was overly long, the last 15 minutes or so really dragged.

Two words: THE. FOG.

This honestly might be my favourite horror movie. It just does everything I want it to.

Stevie rules. Jamie Lee rocks it. Tom Atkins is a hot zad. Nancy Loomis 'yes ma'am'-ing Janet fucking Leigh repeatedly and neither dying. The kid not being remotely annoying. That whole scene where the truck is stuck in the sand... "Mrs Colbritz get him out of the house!" J'adore.

Cinema.

fog1-e1589019610472.jpg

Last edited:

This honestly might be my favourite horror movie. It just does everything I want it to.

Stevie rules. Jamie Lee rocks it. Tom Atkins is a hot zad. Nancy Loomis 'yes ma'am'-ing Janet fucking Leigh repeatedly and neither dying. The kid not being remotely annoying. That whole scene where the truck is stuck in the sand... "Mrs Colbritz get him out of the house!" J'adore.

Cinema.

fog1-e1589019610472.jpg
One of my earliest and favourite horror film memories!

Cinema.

fog1-e1589019610472.jpg
Excellent film, one of my all time favourites. It oozes atmosphere, with characters who are not trying to be liked but you do anyway.

I bought myself a load of horror inspired t-shirts (example below). I've been waiting for horror film fans to make themselves known by commenting, but no one has! I literally have nobody to talk to about horror films in real life.

71+pr8WOPxL._AC_SX679_.jpg
Same tho. I saw a guy in a gay club wearing a Camp Crystal Lake t-shirt and showed him my matching tattoo and then we just kinda looked at each other for 30 seconds and that was it...

I wanted us to sit down like Mindy and Kirby and compare taste.

Last edited:

Cinema.

fog1-e1589019610472.jpg

It's a brilliant film. I think it may be my favourite Carpenter film. I still want to visit Stevie's lighthouse if I ever visit California.

"Haunt" was uploaded to Netflix so I watched that last night, I was surprised how good it turned out. It took a while to get going but once it did, it was really good.
I watched it tonight and enjoyed it too. It was Saw meets Escape Room, was rooting for Harper and Nathan. Both so good!

I wasn't sure the purpose of the masked people though, did I miss something.

Last edited:
Finally watched The Exorcist: Believer and my expectations were in the gutter, it was a solid 5/10 experience at best. I think what was so awful to me about it was the pacing at the beginning that truly had me thinking just get the fuck on with it already. But now that Universal has fired David Gordon Green I think the next two films will be much better for it.

Finally watched The Exorcist: Believer and my expectations were in the gutter, it was a solid 5/10 experience at best. I think what was so awful to me about it was the pacing at the beginning that truly had me thinking just get the fuck on with it already. But now that Universal has fired David Gordon Green I think the next two films will be much better for it.
I re-watched recently, as I wanted to give it a second chance and it was worse that I remembered. You can just tell they had no understanding of the source material. To have the original as a base and end up with this generic tripe was unforgivable. So glad they sacked DGG, his 'commercial' success with Halloween gave him an overinflated sense of his talent.