Horror films

Y’all are hyping up this movie Haunt but I don’t see it on US Netflix. I’m going to have to see if it’s on Prime because y’all have me super intrigued.

Also, I saw a review of Fatal Games on Blu-ray and apparently it’s a hidden gem from the 80s so I bought it. I’m going to see it tonight. The review was very clear not to do any research to avoid spoiling the finale so I’m going in completely blind.

Also, I saw a review of Fatal Games on Blu-ray and apparently it’s a hidden gem from the 80s so I bought it. I’m going to see it tonight. The review was very clear not to do any research to avoid spoiling the finale so I’m going in completely blind.
Just got the Blu Ray for myself and watched recently. It is a lot of fun and they have cleaned it up quite well. All copies I had seen before were really bad. The quality is a little ropey at the start but vastly improves throughout. It's definitely fun. Some might find the twist a bit jarring. but that aside, it's worth a watch.

I too got Fatal Games through. Such a campfest. And so much nudity. But some cute guys in short shorts too. Sean Masterson is a total zad now; I remember him having a tiny cameo in Friends when it was first on.

I knew who the killer was from a review I read years before, but they were only named by actor, and as I didn't know who it was I still guessed wrong.

Y’all are hyping up this movie Haunt but I don’t see it on US Netflix. I’m going to have to see if it’s on Prime because y’all have me super intrigued.

It’s on Prime right now. And agreed, it’s amazing. Easily my favorite horror movie of the last several years.

The director's latest film, Vermines, is currently out in France, getting great reviews and has been nominated for best debut feature at the Césars. Kinda gutted I can't see it as I'm aracnophobic as fuck but his work seems very promising. Also, woof.
1694442974676_0620x0413_0x0x0x0_1694443050690.jpg

The director's latest film, Vermines, is currently out in France, getting great reviews and has been nominated for best debut feature at the Césars. Kinda gutted I can't see it as I'm aracnophobic as fuck but his work seems very promising. Also, woof.
1694442974676_0620x0413_0x0x0x0_1694443050690.jpg

Omg hot directors are kinda rare. Wow. Just wow. Anyways I hope this is better then Evil Dead Rise. Not bad by any means but nothing topped the opening scene for me.

He/They
Enjoyed Killer Book Club the other day... all the characters were annoying as hell, and that costume was more funny than scary, but it had some good gore, a great little chase in a greenhouse, and a suitably bonkers final ten minutes.

Fatal Games is still that messy treat. I noticed that all the female victims get poked in the front, while the boys get poked in the back. Given the outcome of the mystery - problematic as it now looks - I wonder if that was some intentional comment. I think probably not, as this movie seems to stumble along without much of a clue as it is. To carry any kind of subtextual nuances is asking too much.

My issue with this film is it feels like it’s more of the same, just set in NYC a la Cloverfield. We have seen the day one happen in AQP2 and this just feels pointless. Now, I know it’s a lot to glean from roughly 62 seconds of new footage but it looks more of the same.

I’d love to see day one from the perspective of people in power trying to figure out what the hell is going on or if there’s some grand conspiracy and they knew this was coming, etc.

Lupita? Djimon? Constant action? A feature-length re-do of the opening to the last movie with an elevated budget?

I AM IN (even if it’s bad the above will make it watchable).