Horror films

I watched "Killing Ground" last night and I don't know how I feel about it. I feel like it was good but it never committed to what it wanted to be, the director wanted it to be this grisly bleak horror but it never fully went there. It built the tension well but the way it ended was very sudden which I think is what threw me. The ending just gave me the vibes of "we put all our energy into the cat/mouse situation but couldn't be bothered giving it a somewhat decent ending"

Fear The Night from 2023 was a mediocre home invasion movie. Just very middle of the road in every way, I’d recommend skipping it.

He/They
Holocaust 2000 being a bonkers Omen rip-off, featuring Kirk Douglas' aging ass, a horrifying forced abortion moment and a helicopter decapitation...

Lovely

Strange Behaviour (1981) (or Dead Kids)

An quirky movie with odd humour and sudden and surprising bursts of well done gore. And one of the funniest 'white people dancing' scenes.

At first I thought it was a slightly confusing slasher - but then it kind of turned into a mad-scientist type movie.

imdb.com says: "The film is considered a seminal work of New Zealand cinema, being the first horror film produced in the country. It has since attracted a large cult following."

It did look very much like New Zealand in the early 80's and many of the extra's had a little bit of a kiwi accent. Tangerine Dream did the soundtrack by there are a few songs by Kiwi and Australian bands.

MV5BOGU1YmRjNDgtZWJhYi00ZDg4LWJmMDYtZjV.jpg

I'm still on my psycho movie kick.

Domestic Disturbance- dull as hell, Vince Vaughn was not a convincing bad guy.
The Stepfather remake- from the writer and the director of one of the worst theatrical horror films aka Prom Night 2008. Well this is more watchable then that but still pretty terrible. I've always found Dylan Walsh low key hot though. Amber Herd's character seems to only be there to be in a bikini in every other scene. The film ends on a FREEZE FRAME.....I can't!

Also watched Darkness from 2002. What a waste of Anna Paquin and Lena Olin. And from the director of Rec? So boring.

...but what did 'he couldn't manage a water fountain without screwing up' mean? How does one manage a water fountain?

Iconic line said by an icon.

52ym.gif

Invented dancing, ect....

I'm still on my psycho movie kick.

Domestic Disturbance- dull as hell, Vince Vaughn was not a convincing bad guy.
The Stepfather remake- from the writer and the director of one of the worst theatrical horror films aka Prom Night 2008. Well this is more watchable then that but still pretty terrible. I've always found Dylan Walsh low key hot though. Amber Herd's character seems to only be there to be in a bikini in every other scene. The film ends on a FREEZE FRAME.....I can't!

Also watched Darkness from 2002. What a waste of Anna Paquin and Lena Olin. And from the director of Rec? So boring.
Darkness was notoriously fucked with by the studio and apparently there was a very different film originally.