Horror films

Way more of a low key thriller but watched A Simple Plan. Fantastic movie. Sam Raimi and the cast knocked it out of the park.

Also watched Fright Night 2. While not as good as the first its fun enough. Some glorious 80's effects and Julie Carmen is stunning.

tumblr_nk456ieCek1tdkro1o2_500.gif

Finally got round to watching Hell House LLC, it was great and genuinely terrifying at certain parts.

Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised at it! The sequels are complete dumpster fires though; they recently did a spin-off that came out this past October that was decent though.

I also watched Lake Mungo + The Poughkeepsie Tapes over the past few days and whilst I enjoyed the later, Lake Mungo really stayed with me even though it felt like such a simple premise with not a lot happening. That final 15 minutes was so haunting. The Poughkeepsie tapes whilst good and whilst also acknowledging it was low budget, wasn't as believable using the "found footage" format. The effects they used on the killers camera to give it that older style feel kind of took me out of it at points.

He/They
Watched V/H/S for the first time last night, that was more fun than I expected it to be. I'd always been put off ever bothering, though three of the stories amounted to "Women bad" endings.
Which of the sequels is worth it?

Watched V/H/S for the first time last night, that was more fun than I expected it to be. I'd always been put off ever bothering, though three of the stories amounted to "Women bad" endings.
Which of the sequels is worth it?
2, which has maybe my favorite short horror film ever, and '94 for me. The latter pretty much for the opening tape. All hail rat man!

They're all fun to watch except Viral. Avoid Viral at all costs.

I wish the VHS movies would go for more of a vibe like Deadstream, which hits the perfect tone of found footage humor and horror.

She/Her/Queen
I recommended Lake Mungo to this guy who had the hots for me to impress him cause he said lemme test your horror knowledge/taste and he wanted a found footage horror kinda film that he hasn't seen.

When he was done, I asked him how was it, he said: "Meh". He even tagged me when he started watching it (which I thought was kinda sweet) and I thought I was gonna get a: "WOW, babe you have such good taste - let's get MARRIED!"

He never asked for another recommendation since nn

Last edited:
I recommended Lake Mungo to this guy who had the hots for me to impress him cause he said lemme test your horror knowledge/taste and he wanted a found footage horror kinda film that he hasn't seen.

When he was done I asked him how was it - he said, Meh. He even tagged me when he started watching it and I thought I was gonna get a Wow babe you have such good taste - let's get MARRIED!

He never asked for another recommendation since nn
You dodged a bullet like Alice Palmer should have dodged that
spectral visage of her own death!