Horror films

She/Her/Queen
but have you fucked?

I remember recommending a boy crush Eden Lake once, and he also never asked for another recommendation after (and nor did we fuck)
We haven't *SCREAMS*.

To be honest, I met him in person at an sex party event and even though we chatted and he caught my eye, he was doing wayyyy too much by flexing his abs/muscles and showing me how the other girls wanted him but he only has eyes for me. We stayed in touch on IG and then have been liking each others' posts back and forth while making plans to meet when I'm back in London.

And then that recommendation thing happened...

Last edited:
Lisa Frankenstein was a fun but silly horror comedy, more comedy set in 1989 and, quite entertaining although it looses it a bit in the last 30 minutes. I really liked the lead Kathryn Newton and her step mother played by Carla Gugino which reminded me of Kathleen Turner's Serial Mom. The whole film had a bit of a John Waters tone but it was a little tame and could have been more OTT.

MV5BNjJkZDExMGQtNGE2YS00YzJiLWJiNjEtNmYwZjIxZGMxNTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjkwOTAyMDU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

Where my little Greta stans at?

200w.gif

This one gets better with each watch. Watching one of my least favorite actresses get tormented by Isabelle Huppert for an hour and 38 minutes really gives me life. If you don't get it then....

200w.gif

Are these new ones a straight-up remake/reboot or some other fork? They still seem way too new to be redone already.

Not to mention overrated.

I watched the opening scene of The Furies (2019) and it seemed so terrible, wooden and badly filmed in all the wrong ways that I switched it off and rewatched Hairspray (1988) instead (which remains a classic but not horror).

Should I revisit? The cast actually looks quite good and I tend to enjoy Australian horror films…

I was pumped for the new Strangers trilogy because it sounds really interesting, but yeah that trailer a bit lacklustre. Not sure why they needed to make it so similar to the first film.

I think what makes the original that much thrilling is the reasoning of the killers - or lack thereof. Making sequels are a challenge because if you follow the same structure it becomes redundant, but if you further explore on who they are, their backstory or psyche you lose that fear aspect and it just becomes a Betty Boop masked psycho and her besties killing spree. It could be entertaining but just…diminishing returns.

She/Her/Queen
The Amityville doc had potential but lost me after two episodes when it was all about the other guy who capitalised on the franchise and fictional story. I do wonder though what's the pull of this Amityville word - the last shot of them compiling all those posters of movies inspired by it was a kii. I mean AMITYVILLE IN SPACE? I-

I'm not big on the first Strangers movie (but love the second) so I'm not mad at this. I'm more interested in the sequels though and where they are going to go for two more movies. Them changing the iconic line "because you were home" is very cringe. The new line just sounds awkward.

The Amityville doc had potential but lost me after two episodes when it was all about the other guy who capitalised on the franchise and fictional story.
It made a change for it to lean into how the hoax came about, who was benefitting and the aggressive manor it was forced onto others to comply. Previous ones were still trying to suggest it might have happened. I suppose for those wanting a documentary on a haunting, this will disappoint.

She/Her/Queen
It made a change for it to lean into how the hoax came about, who was benefitting and the aggressive manor it was forced onto others to comply. Previous ones were still trying to suggest it might have happened. I suppose for those wanting a documentary on a haunting, this will disappoint.
Andddd you’re right about that! I wanted more about the original haunting and case.

Andddd you’re right about that! I wanted more about the original haunting and case
Of all the haunting cases this was the most publicised, and the most debunked. It was quite interesting to see the attitudes towards 'the haunting' then and now. It was during the rise of the satanic panic and we were all susceptible to these stories. I know I wanted to believe it, so I did. The real Conjuring story was also really about hidden abuse but is less well known.

She/Her/Queen
I just came back from Night Swim and the lore was just so stupid. Third act ruined the good premise. I thought they had a good idea going with a haunted swimming pool. And the creature underwater looks more like a burnt out Michelin man than anything - it was not that scary.

Rmx

He/Him/His
I just came back from Night Swim and the lore was just so stupid. Third act ruined the good premise. I thought they had a good idea going with a haunted swimming pool. And the creature underwater looks more like a burnt out Michelin man than anything - it was not that scary.

I'm glad I didn't bother. The trailer looked... suspicious. I was like, something is not right.

On another note, remember It Follows? That was pretty excellent, wasn't it.