Horror films

Is it just me who feels like there are too many horror movies in theaters recently? I get it they're cheap to make and easy to recoup the budget, but this is also why most of them are performing below expectations. There's currently 3 on satanic panic alone (Late Night, Immaculate, First Omen). We're in dire need of some mid-budget diversification - give me ghosts, thrillers, something else.

I think I've always just been more drawn to the 'slasher' type horror than anything supernatural. So if it's one of those long, drawn out, lingering movies that takes forever to unfold it just often bores me. I need my horror to actually grip me from the first 10 mins and keep my heart racing throughout.

She/Her/Queen
Out of curiosity, I checked Ari's latest project.

"A contemporary Western black comedy" - keep it!

Hope it bombs just like Beau did and he goes back to making awesome horror films again.

Last edited:
Wreck S2 continues to impress. That scene with the wooden door and the pitchfork packed more emotional weight than the entire first series.
How is it compared to the first season? I liked the first one, good watch but I wasn't desperate to watch the next episode, although I binged it.

Is it just me who feels like there are too many horror movies in theaters recently? I get it they're cheap to make and easy to recoup the budget, but this is also why most of them are performing below expectations. There's currently 3 on satanic panic alone (Late Night, Immaculate, First Omen). We're in dire need of some mid-budget diversification - give me ghosts, thrillers, something else.
I’d say you can never have too much horror.

There have actually only been 4 “big studio” horrors this year. But the indies are showing up and delivering the goods too.

Ghosts and slashers next month: Tarot, The Strangers and In A Violent Nature.

It's way better - the first season wasn't very cohesive, but it holds together a lot better. Some of the lines and delivery are just hilarious. I still have an episode to go, so it could all still come to pieces.
It's sitting in my watchlist and is quite good for a Sunday afternoon binge, especially as summer doesn't want to start.

Last edited: