Horror films

I can't believe the fact that The First Omen is a debut feature for the director? Absolutely stunning effort. I'd say it's my top theatrical release of the year so far, tied with Love Lies Bleeding. I got such chills when they invoked Jerry Goldsmith's original score during that pivotal moment.

It's rare to leave a theatre feeling so utterly quenched.

Last edited:
She/Her/Queen
I can't believe the fact that The First Omen is a debut feature for the director? Absolutely stunning effort. I'd say it's my top theatrical release of the year so far, tied with Love Lies Bleeding. I got such chills when they invoked Jerry Goldsmith's original score during that pivotal moment.

It's rare to leave a theatre feeling so utterly quenched.
That scene where she walks thru the vatican to go to the other's pastor house in the dark. HIGH ART.

I was EATING ALL of it up, the atmosphere, the cinematography - it was so right!

Last edited:
Disappear Completely is not a Netflix original, but recently premiered on the streamer. I had my issues with it but its an overall pretty decent watch if you're into folklore, curses, etc.

Late Night With The Devil was decent but not as good as I was hoping for. The payoff is too quick and quite messy. I did like the twist but even that felt rushed. It's something I would revisit again though, as I often get more from these a second time. Now I know the first 70 minutes are gonna be a bit cheesy and annoying, I can prepare.

Abigail let me down. I felt like everyone involved was phoning it in.
I had mixed feelings as well. I thought the first act was too slow and the supporting cast was weak which made it hard for me to sit through. The female characters were the only people that popped for me. I liked the gore and thought the comedy was nice and understated but even when the action picked up I struggled with the pacing.

I’m glad I saw if but i can’t see myself revisiting it. Also, I’ve never really enjoyed Kathryn Newton in anything but she was brilliant here.

Abigail wasn’t good, but I did find it a bit fun. There was around 7 other people in the screen last night on opening night which…doesn’t look great for this film’s longevity.

I recently watched Baghead, which had good production values and started off relatively interesting, with a premise similar to Talk To Me, but really made no sense and had little payoff either.

Honestly this is the first bad review I read.
I had mixed feelings as well. I thought the first act was too slow and the supporting cast was weak which made it hard for me to sit through. The female characters were the only people that popped for me. I liked the gore and thought the comedy was nice and understated but even when the action picked up I struggled with the pacing.

I’m glad I saw if but i can’t see myself revisiting it. Also, I’ve never really enjoyed Kathryn Newton in anything but she was brilliant here.

Glad I’m not alone. I’m annoyed though, as I was really looking forward to it.

Kathryn and the young girl playing Abigail were the stand outs for me. Melissa Barrera, Dan Stevens and Radio Silence were on auto pilot.

I recently watched Baghead, which had good production values and started off relatively interesting, with a premise similar to Talk To Me, but really made no sense and had little payoff either.

I found Baghead to be just terrible. It doesn’t help that the film had few characters and neither of them were remotely engaging.

I’ve been seeing a lot of talk on another platform about Halloween 4, particularly the ending. Is it worth watching?

A top tier Halloween film, only let down by Michael’s cheap mask.