Horror films

'Final Cut' on Shudder was a very unusual watch. Not really a horror but a sort of fucked up version of 'Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf?'. Way too many boobs and girl on girl action to hold my total interest. I love Australian cinema, so it was an interesting watch despite it not being that great.

He/They
Are you telling me the makers of Saw hadn't seen the wonderful The Abominabal Doctor Phibes?

Mad Dr - check
Seeking Revenge - check
Stupid Policemen - check
Iconic female sidekick - check
Outragours death traps - check

Of course, it's not that serious, and Vincent Price gives one of the performances of his career as the utterly dead behind the eyes Dr Phibes.
They should have let the kid die, and I now have the taste to rewatch the similar Theatre Of Blood soon.
A wondeful camp hilarious British Horror Classic right here though.

Bloomhouse announced they're doing a remake of the Blair Witch Project for "modern" audiences and the original creators have already spoken out against the concept.

Nothing about any of that excites me. The original is best, for many reasons, as an isolated capsule.
Something I didn’t realize until this one was announced is that they basically have ignored the original stars and creators when making these sequels. I wonder why that is. They did the unthinkable with no budget. Surely they’d at least be worth a consult to see if they can find up with something decent. Especially after two failed sequels.

Are you telling me the makers of Saw hadn't seen the wonderful The Abominabal Doctor Phibes?

Mad Dr - check
Seeking Revenge - check
Stupid Policemen - check
Iconic female sidekick - check
Outragours death traps - check

Of course, it's not that serious, and Vincent Price gives one of the performances of his career as the utterly dead behind the eyes Dr Phibes.
They should have let the kid die, and I now have the taste to rewatch the similar Theatre Of Blood soon.
A wondeful camp hilarious British Horror Classic right here though.

Great film, iconic visuals.
432783368_10160459942396795_5323875099555767532_n.jpg

Vulnavia is the best side kick.

MV5BMTQxMDUwMTQ0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY4MDcyNA@@._V1_.jpg

Late Night With The Devil was a fun hour and half. Nothing new, but nothing terrible, and I really want to know more about that cult.
A strong three point five out of five.
I loved it, it was very entertaining, but I agree, a little more back story into the cult would have made it much more interesting. Maybe that is why some people found the ending disappointing, it didn't explore that story line hardly. I thought it was a decent ending and one of the more fun horror watches recently. The artwork, set design and retero look were all great.

Nightmare Beach was a very fun late 80's 'slasher' with a very iconic 80's soundtrack. But is it a slasher? Do slasher films have to have murders featuring knives? I also clocked the killer in the first few minutes of the film, but it was pure trashy camp and I loved it.

MV5BMDYxZDE3NjMtMTUzMC00MzQ4LThjN2MtMDE2N2NjYjIwNDhiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

This was cool and creepy, unusual sci-fi/horror from the UK, kind of like a cross between Invasion of the Body Snatchers and an episode of The Twilight Zone.

A mysterious woman marries government scientist Davidson despite his lack of knowledge about her past. His bosses are suspicious of her unusual traits. After it's clear she does love Davidson, the pair come under attack.
MV5BZGQ3MjNiMGYtODA4ZS00NWQ3LThkNTItODZhNjJmMzdhYTE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzc5MjA3OA@@._V1_.jpg

Immaculate was very good. In theory I appreciated the brevity of the run time because I do feel a lot of movies are too long nowadays but this one could have benefited from 10-15 minutes more. It needed some breathing room. Still really enjoyed it as The First Omen's younger, faster paced, more fun sister film and they both have there place in nun horror. The final long take was so great.
Completely agree. I didn’t know really anything going into it and I was very into it the entire time. And part of me loved that the movie didn’t drag on forever and just hit all the needed beats, but I think it could have used just a little more world building to and set up to make a couple of the payoff moments that much more satisfying. But overall a solid movie with some genuine scares and spooks, some gross bits that I loved, and another killer performance by Sydney.

Last edited:
Oh Late Night with the Devil didn't do much for me at all unfortunately. Granted I have a low tolerance for possession stuff usually but based on the reception I was expecting more. The ending was predictable. Well made but hollow.

he/him
Oh Late Night with the Devil didn't do much for me at all unfortunately. Granted I have a low tolerance for possession stuff usually but based on the reception I was expecting more. The ending was predictable. Well made but hollow.
Felt the same except I love possession stuff, but from everybody's comments and the praise it's getting everywhere I went into it expecting much more. I still had a good time I guess but not once did I feel scared or even that entertained, really.

On the other hand, I enjoyed Immaculate a lot!

Something I didn’t realize until this one was announced is that they basically have ignored the original stars and creators when making these sequels. I wonder why that is. They did the unthinkable with no budget. Surely they’d at least be worth a consult to see if they can find up with something decent. Especially after two failed sequels.

Probably an ego thing.

With the industry in general they need to invest in new ideas.