Horror films

An otherwise uninteresting German slasher film was elevated by virtue of having no English subtitles on YouTube, so the live translate function provided me gems such as: “The cake itself carried away with it!” and "You must utter at me! You are the one with the technical knowledge shoes!"

I have a short story collection with Victorian horror stories. I read it 15-20 years ago. One of the stories, The Mezzotint, stayed with me.

As I recognized one of the voice actors from Horizon Zero Dawn from Midsomer Murders ages ago (does that show still air???), I discovered they made a 30 minute short film in 2021 and (because I'm obsessed) I hunted it down and watched it.

It was fairly decent. It definitely didn't overstay its welcome and it didn't feel too short either. They made some changes to the story, which I guess was supposed to tie the whole thing together, but it ended up causing a bit of a plothole/major coincidence instead. There doesn't seem to be many adaptations of it, so it's worth watching for people who enjoyed the short story.

he/him/basic cishomo
An otherwise uninteresting German slasher film was elevated by virtue of having no English subtitles on YouTube, so the live translate function provided me gems such as: “The cake itself carried away with it!” and "You must utter at me! You are the one with the technical knowledge shoes!"
This sounds like the kind of movie watching experience I would love.

I’m not sure if it’s because I wasn’t in the mood for something so bleak or not, I didn’t like The Wicked and The Dark very much. Well acted and a definite mood setter, I just didn’t find a whole lot to be enjoyed about it.

I have a short story collection with Victorian horror stories. I read it 15-20 years ago. One of the stories, The Mezzotint, stayed with me.

As I recognized one of the voice actors from Horizon Zero Dawn from Midsomer Murders ages ago (does that show still air???), I discovered they made a 30 minute short film in 2021 and (because I'm obsessed) I hunted it down and watched it.

It was fairly decent. It definitely didn't overstay its welcome and it didn't feel too short either. They made some changes to the story, which I guess was supposed to tie the whole thing together, but it ended up causing a bit of a plothole/major coincidence instead. There doesn't seem to be many adaptations of it, so it's worth watching for people who enjoyed the short story.
Think this was part of a BBC anthology series that Mark Gatiss does. It was pretty well done! Some of the others have been terrible; the most recent one was awful if I remember correctly (with Kit Harrington).

He/him
Watched The Twilight Zone movie and somehow the segment that resulted in three people getting crushed under a helicopter wasn't the worst one...