Horror films

Frozen (2010) did not hold up. I remember enjoying this movie when it first came out, but it’s just not very good. Awful characters, a thin storyline, nonsensical character decisions, plot points that don’t have any realism (why would a chairlift wire be sharp enough to cut your hands…you can literally see in the movie that it’s not sharp at all) and overall a poorly thought out story. Fourteen year old me needed to get some taste.
I actually agree with your fourteen year old self! I think it delivers on a core premise that is just so inherently scary. It's definitely a "does what it says on the tin" kind of movie. The premise is plausible enough. The teen relationship stuff in the first 30 minutes is super dated, but I can forgive that.

I actually agree with your fourteen year old self! I think it delivers on a core premise that is just so inherently scary. It's definitely a "does what it says on the tin" kind of movie. The premise is plausible enough. The teen relationship stuff in the first 30 minutes is super dated, but I can forgive that.
Yes, I found it very effective. It's simplicity was what made it work. We did get a lot of 'stuck in a...' movies back then though.

The radiating meteor hidden in the basement of his gothic mansion must be what gave Boris Karloff the best tan seen in England in 1965.
A hit ho-hum, so I'm pallet clensing with A Nightmare On Elm Street 4: Burning Dog's Piss Brings Freddy Back From The Grave
Die Monster Die is not one of the best films, but it was one of the first horrors I watched on TV along with The Premature Burial.

He/They
I watched Night Of The Scarecrow last night, and whilst it looks direct to video, it was actually a fair whack of fun. Some good deaths, a semi-decent villain and I wonder if it was the last old school slasher released before Scream came and cleared the decks.

So finally finished Nightwatch: Demons are Forever and I might have liked it even more then the original classic. I found the daughter a more compelling lead and it had some legit creepy ass scenes. Also a great chase scene at the end that I'm going to choose to believe is an homage to Gale's in Scream 2.

I'm going to give the remake a go again even though I know it had the usual Weinstein interference.

I watched Night Of The Scarecrow last night, and whilst it looks direct to video, it was actually a fair whack of fun. Some good deaths, a semi-decent villain and I wonder if it was the last old school slasher released before Scream came and cleared the decks.
This and Tourist Trap were both TV movies (hence looking direct to video) that were way spookier and better than they had any right to be!

Watched The Dead Don’t Die at the weekend, I was living for Tilda Swinton being an albino samurai sword wielding Scottish woman who was fucking up any zombie who glanced her way. Unfortunately the kii’s stopped there for the most part. Really just one of those horror comedies than never quite manages to successfully pull off either genre, so it winds up doing nothing particularly effective. Also, so much of the cast was wasted. How do you have Bill Murray, Chloe Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Rosie Perez, Carol Kane, Austin Butler and Selena Gomez and give them all close to nothing to do the entire runtime?