Horror films

The film I wanted to watch wasn't working properly so I tried Bitch Ass. It actually wasn't so bad, some quirky humour and nice chemistry between the actors.

Lake Mungo wasn't available on any streaming services in Canada, so I ordered the DVD off Amazon. It was in between good and very good. It didn't scare me at all while watching, however I did feel unsettled for about 20 minutes afterwards. I appreciated it for what it was, and I do think it was a good film, but I am surprised at how it is heralded by many as an incredible horror film while I don't think it deserves that honor.

But it was very well done!

It's the feeling it leaves you with afterwards that is part of it's success. It's not one of those sensational horrors, loaded with scares, it's the uncomfortable journey it takes you on. I think it was rather brave not reach the conclusion most watching were hoping for but leaving us with that dread still. I love it.

Lake Mungo wasn't available on any streaming services in Canada, so I ordered the DVD off Amazon. It was in between good and very good. It didn't scare me at all while watching, however I did feel unsettled for about 20 minutes afterwards. I appreciated it for what it was, and I do think it was a good film, but I am surprised at how it is heralded by many as an incredible horror film while I don't think it deserves that honor.

It's the feeling it leaves you with afterwards that is part of it's success. It's not one of those sensational horrors, loaded with scares, it's the uncomfortable journey it takes you on. I think it was rather brave not reach the conclusion most watching were hoping for but leaving us with that dread still. I love it.
Ok spotted it's on Amazon Prime UK, so added to my list.

I think it is better and better with re-watches, and I find that is the case for many. It is one of the best movies about grief, in my opinion.

I loved The Fan (1981)

I've always loved Lauren Bacall, but this is like a camp semi-musical (bad like Mame 1974) mixed with horror/slasher elements. And it is a lot of fun.

ezgif-3-fb67573209.jpg

Still confused over the gay bar blow job/murder. Why did the straight killer go there?

Last edited:
he/him/basic cishomo
We're watching The First Omen tonight. I had no idea the lead was going to be Ethel Cain. We're having a chat with Carlita in her iconic blue outfit with the hat right now, and very much enjoying the experience.

I loved The Fan (1981)

I've always loved Lauren Bacall, but this is like a camp semi-musical (bad like Mame 1974) mixed with horror/slasher elements. And it is a lot of fun.

View attachment 54525

Still confused over the gay bar blow job/murder. Why did they straight killer go there?

I really like it too although it is rather confused. The extras on the Blu Ray are interesting. Becall didn't like Biehn at all (she was well known for being a diva) and was quite difficult to work, especially as the film was being changed during production. Slasher elements were added to appeal to the new trend.

We went to see In A Violent Nature today. I really liked it. It’s definitely not going to be for everyone. I can see where people might think it’s too slow. Had some great kills in it.

I loved The Fan (1981)

View attachment 54525

Still confused over the gay bar blow job/murder. Why did they straight killer go there?

I love The Fan. What I would give to have been a moviegoer in 1981 with both The Fan and Mommie Dearest in cinemas. Camp at its best.

Agree with @Anjoel40 the Blu-ray extras are excellent. Nice to hear from Biehn talking about the making of the film, Bacall being difficult and the film not doing well, so it was not the spur for his career that he thought it would be (despite giving a good performance). Maureen Stapleton is also terrific in this movie and I would say she deserved a Best Supporting Actress nomination, except that she was nominated and won that year - for Reds.