Horror films

He/They
MV5BOGE0YjcxMDgtMzNiYi00OGI1LWExMGYtYTc3YTZlMWM3ODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_.jpg
I want a prequel just about Her

She/Her
I just finished Watcher by Chloe Okuno. Can't believe I didn't see it sooner. Slow burn, creepy and perfect tension building. Acted to hell by Maika Monroe. Bucharest was the perfect setting for it. I had fun seeing and identifying which spots they've filmed at since I'm quite familiar with that city.

The ending was kinda predictable but still shooked me. Very Repulsion style psychological horror/thriller.

I want more from Ms Okuno!

Last edited:
I liked Maxxxine but yeah it was the worst of the trilogy, I’m torn between wanting more and wondering if it will just be more diminishing returns.
I saw people theorizing a 4th would be about Maxine's upbringing in an ultra-conservative household. It could be interesting, they've already proven her father would kill to get to her so they could potentially lean hard into religion/cult like stuff if they wanted to.

Sorry for the double post but When Evil Lurks was kinda amazing. The kills + the rather original story + THE ICONIC MUTHA OF DA HAUS...

Mirta
MV5BOGE0YjcxMDgtMzNiYi00OGI1LWExMGYtYTc3YTZlMWM3ODBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE0MzQwMjgz._V1_.jpg

And the subtext of all men are trash and they never listen to women (clock that misogyny) and children are evil = great horror film. Hooks you in from the beginning and there were so many moments I had my hands covering my eyes NN
The COVID analogy was so brilliantly done. I also loved the lack of exposition - they really let you figure out the "world" as the plot moved along.

She/Her
I can’t stop thinking about Watcher. I was so sucked into Julia/Maika’s world and her paranoia. It felt like I was right there with her. I NEED more films like these! Recommend me girlies. Don’t say Black Swan, Perfect Blue, Repulsion, Rosemary’s Baby etc. cause I’ve already seen those with similar-ish themes.

He/They
I can’t stop thinking about Watcher. I was so sucked into Julia/Maika’s world and her paranoia. It felt like I was right there with her. I NEED more films like these! Recommend me girlies. Don’t say Black Swan, Perfect Blue, Repulsion, Rosemary’s Baby etc. cause I’ve already seen those with similar-ish themes.
Perfume Of The Lady In Black
the-perfume-of-the-lady-in-black-4.jpg

And speaking of Jennifer, has anyone else seen Heart of Midnight? It's a little bit messy and has an unnecessary romance tacked on but god is it stunning (also helps that the music is very reminiscent of the Bangkok Hilton score which I love)
View attachment 55774
View attachment 55775View attachment 55776
Watched this last night. I have definitely seen before, back when it came out. It does look great and Jennifer playing Bridget Fonda before Single White Female (at least in the beginning). It starts off very good but meanders off all over without landing anywhere in particular. It misses the mark of it's portrayal of abuse, for which she portrayed far more harrowing in Last Exit To Brooklyn.