Horror films

She/Her
I've finally seen Black Swan (2010). I was beguiled. 8/10.
How lucky of you to witness one of my all time faves for the first time ever. It's a 10/10 for me before Aronofsky went bust.

I remember going to the cinema 7 times to relive that ending scene, just cause I need to hear the score and the twist with LOUD SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS. By the third watch, I could recite every single line of the film.

But now watch Perfect Blue, the Satoshi Kon masterpiece that inspired it.

Last edited:
He/Him
How lucky of you to witness my one of my all time faves for the first time ever. It's a 10/10 for me before Aronofsky went bust.

I remember going to the cinema 7 times to relive that ending scene, just cause I need to hear the score and the twist with LOUD SURROUND SOUND SPEAKERS. By the third watch, I could recite every single line of the film.

But now watch Perfect Blue, the Satoshi Kon masterpiece that inspired it.
Yes to ALL of the above. I remember seeing it for the first time, I had pulled an all-nighter the night before and saw a 9pm showing the next day. It hit me and my brain hard.

Also, Perfect Blue is perfection - Satoshi Kon was such a great director/artist!

She/Her
A woman’s slow descend into madness and paranoia is my fave type of horror. I think it’s because it’s almost autobiographical for me.

giphy.gif

Someone film me with a camera and I’ll give you a horror film and be your final girl because my life as a trans girl in this world is endless horror! Nn

I liked MaXXXine a lot! I agree with the general sentiment that it’s the weakest of the trilogy but I wasn’t disappointed by it at all. I think what held it back a little is it felt somewhat disjointed and the 80’s aesthetic that was so strong for the first 30 minutes kind of slipped away as the movie went on.

As others have said, the 3rd act could have ‘went there’ a little more, but that’s a critique I have of X also. I find cults extremely creepy, so more time spent with the cult members & leader towards the end would have been welcomed. If I had my way, we would have had the director and prosthetics girl end up at the mansion with Maxine with a 3-woman chase throughout the mansion with Maxine wreaking havoc on the random cult members. It would have cumulated in Maxine & the director sacrificing the prosthetics girl to the cult members to save themselves, which I feel would have fit in well after their ‘ruthless’ conversation earlier in the movie.

I would be down for another insallment, which looks to be in the works per the director. Set in the 90’s about the downfall of Maxine’s career with a 90’s slasher aesthetic would be wonderful.