Horror films. | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. When i saw the thread title i was going to suggest this. It really freaked me out. I really like the eerie build up.

2. Eden Lake: Angry chavs in the midlands, just like being at home! I wasn't expecting the ending though and it was a bit.....grim. It took aggggges to get into as well. A bit disappointed.

Now to check out more!

3. The Howling's just starting on ITV1...

4. I'm surprised you weren't affected by it, I was shaken for weeks!

5. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I love to be scared but hate gore as the images stay in my head for weeks afterwards.

Any suggestions?

I think it's better when you don't see the big scary thing.

6. I think I prefer lots of action to happen, the start was so slow! Although now you mention it I do find my mind wandering back to the poor woman at the end.

Also, I live in the Midlands (when I'm not at uni) near-ish some woods and there are angry chavs around *worried*

7. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

One of my uni lecturers made this film, we had a preview weeks before releae.

8. When I first saw Blair Witch (another one there's no point rewatching) I had to walk home. Which was in the middle of wood - the estate was in the middle of it. I ran home so fast, I don't think my shoes made any contact with the goddamn floor! I was terrified.

9. Someone mentioned Creep earlier, and though it didn't scare me, it's fucking scarred me for life because I was told that the train station was based on one of the stations in Liverpool that I used to go to all the time which is creepy enough on its own. I can't step foot in there anymore!

There was this film (I can't remember the name of it for the life of me) that had something to do with visiting a particular website and the dying a gruesome death, it REALLY unsettled me.

10. If it was Pulse (the original) then that's okay. But the remake of Pulse and/or Feardotcom are two of the worst films I've ever had the misfortune of seeing.

11. Christ, FeardotCom - which is actually blatantly the producer saying, "I've seen this Japanese film called Ringu, it's going to be massive. And they're already writing an American version, so write me the same film, quickly! - but with a website!"

And they didn't even write it to make sense because (SPOILERS, but the film is shite anyway) the website that everyone sees Stephen Rea murder people on isn't the cursed website, it's totally unrelated. Duh.

12. The sad thing is, I don't think MarieCherie meant Pulse, because no-one dies gruesomely, they just fade away...

13. I think it was Feardotcom, which I feel slightly embarassed about now! To my defense I was alone and watching it in the dark.

14. chepedro! I thought about Eden Lake all night then again when I woke up this morning! Aggh! I actually couldn't get it out of my brain!

15. TOLD YOU. It's a cracker of a film. Not to be enjoyed, but endured...

Don't feel bad, we all have guilty pleasures. I did start a Splash thread after all.

16. That bit (SPOILER) when they set the little boy on fire really got to me. Actually, he was a little shit, he deserved it.

17. Pretty much all of David Cronenbergs horror-catalogue are worth watching. He never ever held back in terms of gore and the like though, so be warned.

Some of his best are The Fly and the Brood (which many don't like but I thought was brilliantly creepy).

18. I'm a big fan of Videodrome and Shivers. Nicely creepy and generally a bit icky.

Actually, one of the creepiest films I've seen is Diabolique, and if you've managed to get through life without finding out the twist, it's pretty special.

19. David Cronenberg's eXistenZ, is cracking! and stars the lovely Jude Law (<3)

20. Jude Law looks like a period gone wrong. Fact.

I've been expanding my love of horror films recently, and have been getting into the 80s slashers. Terror Train, Sleepaway Camp and April Fools Day were all favourites of mine.

I watched Cannibal Holocaust for the first (and last, it was quite shit) time last night, and may look into other previously banned films as well. I'm going to watch The Burning tonight, though I've seen the raft scene on YouTube before already so I'm not sure how much point there is since that's the bit everyone raves over.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.