Horror films. | Page 527 | The Popjustice Forum

Horror films.

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by robots need oil, Jan 15, 2009.

1. No, that's super sad. She was a standout in Black Christmas.

P'NutButter and Uno like this.
  2. Immediately the first thing I thought of when I heard she had passed.

3. Sisters and her role in it deserved way more attention. At least it's gone down as a cult classic. RIP Margot.

kermit_the_frog, vague and Terminus like this.
  4. It's very sad to hear the news about Margot Kidder. As a Canadian, she was a major icon to us.

I also feel it's important to state that, for me at least, Margot Kidder gave a face to mental illness. When she had her widely publicized incident in 1996, I think it was the first time many learned about bipolar disorder and mental illness in general. Back then we didn't have the information like we do now. I felt bad for Margot because she was subject to lots of gossip and judgment, but over time, I think she has helped a lot of people directly and indirectly because it made many of us understand mental illness a little better.

5. Margot is my favorite thing about the brilliant Black Christmas. Firmly in my Top 10 horror flicks and she is standout. I loved her in the otherwise hideous Amityville as well.

Terminus and vague like this.

6. The way the press reported it back then was shocking, she was made out to be a lunatic. It was disgusting. A lot of the misunderstanding and prejudice against certain groups or subjects was fuelled by the media's portrayal. They have a lot to answer for.

kermit_the_frog and torontodj like this.
  7. I'm really sad she's gone. A really underrated talent.

8. This was really good. Stylish as hell, LOTS of male nudity and the gore was insane.

[​IMG]

9. This is so true. It was always made to seem like there was something "wrong" with her. I just hated that whole period. I really admire her for not hiding.

10. Uno

Uno

Sold.

11. I’ve just found out that when people were talking about “the first Purge” it’s acfually a film called The First Purge. I thought they just meant the first film. Do we really need this? It would surely be like a Hunger Games sequel about the first ever games. We already know why they did, we don’t need to see how ...

12. Yeah it sounds redundant which is my problem with a lot of prequels, only a few have ever really entertained me or been somewhat surprising. It does seem to be a common theme with horror film series lately about 1 or 2 sequels then a prequel.

13. I really didn't see much value in any of The Purge movies - one of those franchises where you don't care about anyone.

enjoy, johnny_tsunami and junglefish like this.
  14. Revenge isn’t perfect and despite having a female director still manages to uncomfortably slip into male gaze territory but FUCK what a ride that was.

Matilda Lutz is a goddamn star.

15. I enjoyed Revenge, but had to switch off my brain, there was far too many ridiculous moments.

I appreciated the peen though.

16. The word Peen is not used enough. Also, love your avatar @Iggypig

So Von Trier’s new serial killer horror The House That Jack Built sounds genuinely dreadful and problematic to say the least. I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. The animal cruelty scene sounds utterly repellent

Iggypig likes this.
  17. Yes! I love that movie!

18. My own personal fan pick for Eddie has apparently been chosen in IT: Chapter 2 with James Ransone

[​IMG]

Also Andy Bean has been cast as Stan. I've never seen this guys work but looks wise is spot on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love how this cast is shaping up. Some big names and some relatively unknowns. Now if they would just cast Sterling K. Brown as Mike we will be all set.

19. The world's first SJW slasher movie?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.